is a leading global provider of asset management and investment technology solutions. The company's innovative solutions help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and affluent families create and manage wealth. SEI is a people focused organization which encourages and recognizes employee development as being a critical component in the provision of excellent client service. An open, collaborative and detail oriented environment underpins this business objective. Position Description:
The Fund Accountant
is responsible for maintaining the accounting books and records of its fund clients, acts as intermediary between the funds and the investment advisors, and prepares financial statements and regulatory reports for the funds. What you'll do:
What you bring to the table:
- Communicating with the funds' investment advisors and entering security trades.
- Calculating the funds' expenses.
- Processing shareholder activity and reconciling to the funds' transfer agent.
- Maintaining accounting records.
- Performing security and cash reconciliation between our records and those of the funds' custodians' prime brokers.
- Performing procedures to ensure funds are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Computing income distributions and reportable yields.
- Calculating and reporting the funds' Net Asset Values (NAV's).
- Analysing changes in funds' values in relation to broader market fluctuations.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and audits as requested.
- Strictly adhere to established departmental fund accounting processing procedures and controls.
- Meet client and investor reporting deliverables and deadlines.
- Maintain a good working relationship with external clients as well as with internal relationship managers and other business units within SEI.
- Carry out all duties assigned to your role under the Company's Safety Statement, to ensure Health, Safety and Well-being for all employees for whom you have responsibility.
- Adhoc tasks / projects as required.
Attributes we value:
- Experience in Fund operations with experience in Alternatives / Hedge Funds.
- Knowledge of the Advent Geneva system.
- Knowledge of Sungard InvestOne/ Investier system.
- Knowledge of Investment (Financial) Services industry in Europe.
Benefits you can expect:
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage time to maximize efficiency and to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English Language (both verbal and written) essential.
- Individual who takes initiative, ownership and accountability of assigned responsibilities.
- Team player with positive 'can do' attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
Benefits include healthcare for yourself, your spouse and any dependents under 18 years old. Life Assurance & Group Income Protection. Education Assistance, Sports Club Membership, Tax Saver Travel Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Paid Volunteer Days per year, Employee Share Participation Scheme and Competitive Annual Leave Entitlement. SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, educational assistance scheme and actively encourage work life balance.