Job Description Who we are looking for
An experienced operation manager for the SSGM India COO organisation with a proven record of managing large teams into securities settlement processes. SSGM (Portfolio Solutions) helps clients mitigate risks and successfully navigate change through portfolio restructuring, expert trade execution, credit intermediation and access broad sources of liquidity. Clients can access services either individually or as a bundle. We are looking SSGM Portfolio Solutions Operations manager (AVP). Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets India COO (SSGM) which is transforming our operating model that provides support to sales and trading desks across all regions EMEA, APAC and North America 24/6. Across the globe, SSGM Portfolio Solutions operations perform functions to meet our confirmation, settlement. reconciliation and regulatory obligations that includes management of the post trade execution life-cycle. The role empowers our employees navigate the organization as a whole and drive outcomes to manage risk and ensure solutions are straightforward and scalable .
Statestreet is one of the largest agents lenders in the world, with over 40 years of experience and more than 250 clients across multiple global markets. Our depth of lendable assets and strong market position provides more trading opportunities When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. Position Responsibilities
The AVP is expected to display the following Managerial qualities:
- Resolution of trade flow discrepancies for equities, fixed income treasuries
- Assure trade data has been accurately posted to all necessary platforms
- Assists with the completion of SSGM Operations pre-settlement trade processing, actual and post settlement.
- Experience in trade comparisons (reconciliations), Fixed Income products and Bloomberg, booking and confirmation of equity and fixed income executions
- Experience with DTC, NSCC, Euroclear , Fed processing and DTCC affirmations
- Daily adhering to established procedures and controls; monitors and resolves pending and failing aged Returns. Contract Compare, Billing, etc
- Interacts with traders, client management, fund group(s) and counterparts regarding discrepancies if any
- Working knowledge of FINRA, SEC, CFTC, NFA and State Securities rules and regulations
- Experience with financial responsibility rules that apply to self-clearing broker-dealers
- Executes instructions to receive or deliver securities from counterparties.
- Ensure that your team meets the agreed SLA, KPI and KRI and evidence of the same documented every day.
- Assists business area with inquiries pertaining to transactional activity; coordinates response with traders, corporate actions staff and other internal teams.
- Ensure timely resolution of counterparty issues including pricing problems, quantities of loans and borrows, etc. while keeping management informed of any potential issues.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes/improvements as needed
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (written and verbal) - ensuring key stakeholders are regularly appraised on progress relative to milestones & escalates issues requiring attention appropriately
- Ensure trades that fall out of the STP process are highlighted, tracked and remediated where appropriate
- Understand end to end of the process (including new ones) and contributes to process improvement ideas highlighting any potential process risk to the managers
- Demonstrates effective risk management skills - capture and communicate probability and impact to key stakeholders, ensure appropriate mitigation strategies are agreed.
- Works collaboratively across SSGM Globally on key initiatives.
Subject Matter Expert preferably in as many as the below skills :
- Demonstrate 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour and nurture the same ethos within the team, encouraging an environment of openness and transparency that fuels effective challenge, debate and open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual and collective ownership at the 'captive' giving all staff a clear sense of both responsibility and accountability. Develop effective working relationships with all SSGM staff at all levels across all locations
- Ensure that all staff adheres to the expected SSGM Code of Conduct.
- In depth knowledge of domains like- securities lending, mark to market, SBL, Corporate actions, Settlements of FI or Equity and Collateral management.
- Should have 12 years of experience in knowledge services environment serving Capital Market in securities settlement domain, handling a team of over 20 people at a minimum.
- Communicates with other team members from diverse background in an effective manner. Influences and motivates the team. Creates an empowering climate. Projects an inspiring presence and collaborates by fostering a network of communication
- Demonstrates flexibility and effectiveness with changing environments, tasks, responsibilities & people. Is open to change and new ideas while maintaining core goals and values. Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changes or organization demands
- Ability of an individual to facilitate the continuous development of individual & organizational competencies, developing other's potential through the sharing of expertise and providing timely feedback. Continues to coach and mentor staff.
- Track and monitor the workflow queues/day to day workload/pending requests/mailbox to avoid any potential issues and delays and ensure 100% SLA and accuracy and timelines for BAU deliverables.
- Drive opportunities to work across groups in support of client needs, contribute in enhancing operating model and key Business Unit and Transformation initiatives, deliver on business and regulatory initiatives as per set timelines, achieve our financial commitments by providing better client service.
- Always finding better ways to improve the process-you are responsible to drive and provide process improvement ideas to make the process and operating model better and efficient. Encourage staff to think differently. Look to provide time saves and risk reduction
- Ensure 3 tier back up and bolster resiliency by planning split ops across both locations.
- SSGM COO transformation - understand and assess internal control environment to drive year-over-year improvement and enhancement of internal controls - promote self identification working in partnership with the global SSGM Business Controls teams
- Trade life cycle- Prematching, Settlements and Fails
- Mark to Market
- Depo and inventory management
- Trade allocation and confirmations
- Inter-system and inter-entity recon
- Corporate Action
- Regulatory reporting and Compliance
- Securities Finance and Securities Lending
Education / Experience
- Work as a team player in a global team environment
- Ability to work and communicate with people across organizational units
- Demonstrate a high standard for customer service and proactively managing work queues
- Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly as required to Senior Management
- Strong risk mitigation, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Effective in process improvement and expense reduction
- Experience in managing teams in multiple locations regions
- Ability to think critically and resolve complex problems
- Strategic mindset - looking at bigger picture for the future of the organisation
- Change agent with abilities to navigate challenges effectively
Shift Timings: 06:30Pm to 03:30 Technical Skills - IT and Systems
- College degree
- 12 + years experience in management of multi location
- Strong management and employee relations skills
About State Street What we do
- Intermediate, demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office suit
- IHS MARKIT
. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers