At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Manager for Complaint Research, you will be a relationship partner for client satisfaction, bridging gaps and understanding trends to support a better client experience! Primary Responsibilities:
- Characterized by day to day management of a business unit. Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned Operations area.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the area including developing, recommending and implementing new policies and procedures, ensuring goal attainment, and aligning with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for all people management activities including the direct management of other employees advising, monitoring and evaluating day to day work flow/quality; assessing and maintaining performance standards and measures, hiring and retention of staff and employee discipline.
- Proactively lead efforts to manage change across the division.
- Manage financial resources to include planning/budgeting.
- Assist senior management in the development of area's annual operational plan.
- Maintain maximum operational efficiency through establishing, directing and coordinating the team's service activities, analyzing customer satisfaction and identifying changing service demands.
- Focus on the execution of operational plan over the next year. Lead/manage sub-group initiatives within the business unit to achieve annual operational goals.
- Participates in division, department, or corporate projects as assigned with limited scope.
- Participate or lead system testing for projects and system maintenance that requires operational expertise. Problems and issues have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation and reference to many multifaceted options impacting both the customer, financial representative and the business. Assignments require reviewing diverse procedures and choosing from among many options where clear alternatives do not exist.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible work experience.
- Minimum of four years related experience with operations and/or designated investment products (if applicable) that the position supports.
- Demonstrated management, human relations and interpersonal skills to manage a group of people.
- Analytical ability, judgment and decision making.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Experience leading multiple projects and assignments.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.