Job Description: Job Title
SRE/Production Engineer Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President Location
Cary, NC Who we are
In short - an essential part of Deutsche Bank's technology solution, developing applications for key business areas.
Our Technologists drive Cloud, Cyber and business technology strategy while transforming it within a robust, hands-on engineering culture. Learning is a key element of our people strategy, and we have a variety of options for you to develop professionally. Our approach to the future of work champions flexibility and is rooted in the understanding that there have been dramatic shifts in the ways we work.
Having first established a presence in the Americas in the 19th century, Deutsche Bank opened its US technology center in Cary, North Carolina in 2009. Learn more about us here Overview
We are looking for a motivated Production Engineering support for our Corporate Bank Core Banking Services - Data Technology platforms. This role requires a professional with a wide variety of strengths and capabilities across multiple technologies and disciplines. In this role, you are expected to continually drive automation in all day-to-day production support activities. You'll work in a collaborative, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions. The role requires a high level of accountability to deliver technical solutions and continuous improvements in the overall support strategy and you'll be successful if you have a strong technical background, solid production application support/operations experience, and drive a culture of proactive continual improvement through application, user request support, troubleshooting and issue resolution, automation of manual work, monitoring improvements and platform hygiene. What We Offer You
What You'll Do
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model with up to 60% work from home, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days; A commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement; Access to a strong network of Communities of Practice connecting you to colleagues with shared interests and values
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift, and volunteer programs
Skills You'll Need
- Maintain a strong technical acumen focused on overall Systems Architecture and Engineering to deliver, platforms that meet defined requirements from the Business / Application delivery teams
- Readily manage multiple priorities and tasks in support of bank initiatives while embracing a continuous service improvement approach to resolve Information Technology (IT) failings, drive efficiencies and remove repetition to streamline support activities, reduce risk, and improve system availability
- Act as a production engineering role model to enhance the technical capability of the Production Support teams, carry out technical analysis of the Production platform to identify and remediate performance and resiliency issues
- Continuous development of efficient processes utilizing bank technologies and automation tools
- Compliance with Operational Processes: Daily Operations, Change Management, and Problem Management
- Leverage / Influence broader organization of Site Reliability Engineer's (SRE's) and technologist to build communities that contribute to solutions and implementation
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Extensive Information Technology (IT) experience within a large corporate environment (specifically in the area of controlled production environments or Financial Services Technology in a client-facing function) and Cloud-based technologies (Google Cloud platform is a plus)
- Strong Knowledge of databases (Oracle/MSSQL etc.), including working experience of writing Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts and queries
- Experience implementing SRE, DevOps, and agile models, as well as with UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Java J2EE, PERL, Python, PowerShell scripts, Bash, Ansible
- Knowledge of GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with Connect: Direct, Message Queue (MQ), Kafka, Informatica, Atlassian tools Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Agile Frameworks
- Articulate and experienced communicator (both written and spoken)
- Understand the end-to-end flow of data through the application infrastructure, utilize analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Be passionate about solving problems through innovation and engineering practices
- People Management skills and the ability to manage relationships across all levels of the organization
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in Cary is $96,000 to $137,600. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration. Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice, please email HR.Direct@DB.com . Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more! #LI-HYBRID
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .