We are looking for a Collections Executive
The Collections & Recoveries team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market.
Salary: £32,500 - £35,000 Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren't given the finance they need to grow. We're here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
What will you be doing?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we're still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
- Supporting SME business owners who are facing financial difficulties over the telephone and via written communication to effectively understand the cause, diagnosis and prognosis of their businesses' financial situation, negotiating an outcome which is appropriate for both the borrower and our Investors.
- In communication you will always provide support to our small business customers and protect our investor returns, managing accounts with a strong focus on cash collection and aged debt clearance, always trying to minimise loans defaulting.
- Recognise opportunities to further aid our borrowers, taking the initiative to identify and implement the best solutions.
- Handle Borrower dissatisfaction in an appropriate and professional manner and adhere to our complaints/escalation process.
- Develop key working relationships with your colleagues both internally and externally, promoting the value of standing together as a key component of our success.
- Comply with all appropriate regulatory and FCA guidelines which are pertinent to Borrowers, Colleagues and Investors.
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
Want a behind the scenes look at the role of a Collections Executive?! Check out this 'day in the life' video for a sneak peek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pXZpfWqZRA What we're looking for
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- The ability to empathise with borrowers and the commitment to assist them in solving issues through your first-class customer service skills
- Experience of delivering against targets and working to achieve SLAs and KPIs consistently
- Organised with great attention to detail, and the ability to use multiple systems concurrently in the workplace.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better . Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with a blend of 2-3 days either in the office or at home. When you're in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you'd like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.