Overview UX Design Lead - Multiple Levels (VP to Director) Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of UX Design Lead (VP to Director)
to join our team. This role can be based out of our Pune & Chennai offices - Hybrid. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following: Expertise
- Set the Product UX design standards and ensures solutions are easy to use and have optimal user experience in line with overall business vision
- Help teams define and shape the experience strategy, facilitating work sessions with stakeholders and users to define key design goals and requirements
- Guide designers on design strategy related to research insights, execution, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Mentor and coach the design teams, specifically with new ways of working and mapping strategy to execution
- Identify and remove team impediments
- Work with Executive Product Manager and Product Owners to align the roadmap to vision and continuous insights to ensure voice of the customer is heard
- Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Synthesize customer insights, research, and journeys by each team at the journey level
- Ability to direct clear and creative artifacts
- Seasoned design expertise with deep insight into newest methods, trends, and design operations
- Drives design outcomes in an Agile environment
- Can make design decisions at a team and product level
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
Mindset & Behaviors
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex product decisions while advocating the voice of the customer
- Active coach and mentor
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- High-energy and passionate outlook, with an ability to influence and inspire those around them
- Exhibits strong customer empathy
- Hands-on problem solver
- Promotes free thought, collaboration, transparency - is energized by ideas from others in team
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools foryour life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $111,000 and $200,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.