The primary purposes of the Senior Financial Reporting Accounting role is to lead in the preparation and review of the annual Statutory Accounts, Regulatory and Statistical Reporting in addition to managing the preparation of Financial Board Packs. The position will also aid in providing technical accounting assistance to the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (EMEA and APAC) Finance Controllership function in relation to business changes and developments. How you'll spend your time
To be successful in this role you will have
- Preparation and review of annual statutory Financial Statements for the EMEA and APAC entities against tight reporting deadlines under IFRS, new UK GAAP and other overseas GAAP for certain locations.
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure all back up is provided and questions answered to ensure statutory reporting deadlines are all met.
- Preparation and review of Regulatory reporting submissions and Statistical reporting submissions for UK entities and certain overseas entities within the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Preparation and review of quarterly Financial Board packs.
- Preparation and/or review of technical accounting papers as and when required, through gaining a detailed understanding of the business change/development, research of the relevant accounting guidance and discussion of implications with various stakeholders - legal, tax etc
- Preparation/Review of Statutory Financial Statements related Board papers that explain the key points that the Boards need to be aware of before they give their approval.
- As and when required, to present Financial Statements and other Financial Report packs confidently to the relevant Boards for noting and or approval.
- Develop a knowledge of the key business operations and the regulatory frameworks impacting the various entities in the EMEA and APAC group.
- Provide advice and assistance to other areas of the Controllership team and the wider Ameriprise business on technical matters including interpretation and practical requirements of relevant accounting standards or regulatory rules.
- Identification of process enhancements or risk mitigation proposals to discuss with team management prior to managing implementation.
It would be great if you also had
- The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant;
- Good Excel/Word reporting skills;
- A positive and proactive attitude;
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and to work to deadlines under pressure.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- In addition to a sound understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP, a working knowledge of US GAAP would be helpful in discussions with parent company Finance department.
- Exposure to Workday Financials beneficial but not critical.
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,500 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Worker Sub Type Job Family Group