Job Description: In Scope of Position based Promotions (INTERNAL only) Job Title: Vice President, Controls Testing & Assurance - Testing Specialist, Singapore/ SE Asia Corporate Title: VP Location: Mumbai Role Description:
Deutsche Bank AG (the Bank) has established the Controls Testing & Assurance department (CT&A) as an independent function, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). The Compliance Testing (CT) team within CT&A is responsible for providing assurance testing on the design and operating effectiveness of the businesses' control environment and adherence to applicable regulations and the Bank's policies. CT develops and executes an annual, risk-based testing plan that covers the risk categories owned by Compliance, across all businesses in the region.
The role involves a senior Compliance Testing Reviewer for Singapore/SE Asia reporting to the South Asia Testing Lead in Singapore and locally into the CT&A Desk Extension head. The role sits as a part of a broader CT&A Desk Extension team split between Mumbai and Bangalore.
For Singapore (SG), the key relevant businesses are:
What we'll offer you
- Investment Bank (IB) - Fixed Income and Currencies, Origination and Advisory, Deutsche Bank Research;
- Corporate Bank (CB) - Trade Finance & Lending, Cash Management, Security Services, Risk Management, Trust & Agency Services; and
- International Private Bank (IPB)
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
Your Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your Skills & Experience
- Support development of a plan for the location / region of coverage based on the Controls Testing & Assurance planning methodology. This will also involve collaboration with various Compliance stakeholders to ensure the implementation of adequate and effective testing program for APAC that meet both BaFin and local regulatory requirements;
- Leading the execution of the testing program for L1 controls including reviews at the non-hub offices; the opportunity for travel to other jurisdictions may be available;
- Ensuring that all issues raised in CT have adequate remediation plans that are tracked and escalated promptly and appropriately;
- Developing relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams and Infrastructure functions;
- Sharing best practice and learnings with CT colleagues locally/regionally/globally;
- Managing the development and maintenance of appropriate Management Information to inform Senior Management of pertinent matters, in line with global Deutsche Bank/Compliance/CT standards;
- Engaging regularly with relevant businesses, Business Line Compliance and other colleagues to remain abreast of developments as it pertains to CT; assessing the impact on the testing program and implementing changes where necessary; and
- Leading and participating in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
How we'll support you
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a Compliance function primarily in compliance/assurance testing within a Financial Institution or Investment Bank, preferably with 2-3 years people management experience.
- Good understanding and application of compliance risks and the ways in which the risks will crystallize in practice, so as to be able to test adequacy and effectiveness of the Compliance Risk Management framework implemented to address those risks.
- Proven investigative and analytical mindset & skills - enquiry, analysis, interviewing, testing; well versed with technology and applications that can be utilised for assurance testing.
- Ability to work within a matrix management structure, effectively working closely with multiple managers.
- Good drafting skills, including the ability to record and describe complex issues clearly and succinctly, in a way that is easily understandable by any recipient of the relevant reports.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify changes and impact of any changes to documents, systems and processes in the context of compliance risks, remediation required, etc.
- The drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure.
- Able to quickly understand complex issues and set a course of action (that others are prepared to follow) to meet specific goals.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proactive - will seek to find the right solution and options to issues within and outside their specific remit, without being prompted and within an appropriate matrix management framework.
- Assertive and engaging and able to quickly build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong collaborative team lead receptive to constructive criticism and a leader to facilitate exchange of ideas.
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work with different review support and managers within Compliance Testing.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel (i.e. organizing data sets), Word, and PowerPoint.
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression.
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs.
Please visit our company website for further information: https://www.db.com/company/company.htm
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.