Senior Finance Business Partner
£65000 - £75000 + car allowance + bonus + benefits
(Hybrid based with 2 day per week in Reading office or Site location) THE COMPANY
They are an ambitious leisure company who have ambitions to become the leading UK leisure business within their sector. They have an exciting opportunity which requires strong financial skills, commercial acumen and the drive and interpersonal skills to be successful in a dynamic environment. The role reports directly to the Group CFO and a dotted line to a Regional Director of a the Group's largest division who you will work closely with at an operational business level. The role provides financial leadership for the Group at both a divisional level for the Group's South Division and will also lead the Group's FPA processes. EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant and strong base financial understanding with good academics
- Commercial mindset and interested in the sport and health industry.
- Financial modelling and Excel skills essential.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting.
- Inquisitive outlook with a passion for identifying and supporting implementation of commercial opportunities.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and dig into the detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability to deal with non-financial operators.
- Passion to able to coach and work alongside non-financial people to help them and their businesses grow.
- Willing to travel by car to sites under their business partner responsibilities. It is expected the SFBP would spend 4 to 6 days per month at sites in the region, to be defined each month in conjunction with the Regional Director, on a needs basis also factoring the opportunity for the FBP to also visit leisure sites.
The role also acts as a partner to the Regional Director (RD) of the South region, providing financial information and analysis to Divisions teams senior leaders, helping them make more informed decisions and driving business strategy to improve commercial performance, as well as ensuring robust financial controls are in place at each leisure site. The main duties include: Group Processes
- Leadership of the group budget process; setting up timetable, working files and directing the overall process. Respective SFBP to complete for relevant sites.
- Leadership of the group 4+8 and 8+4 processes; setting up timetable, working files and directing the overall process. Respective SFBP will complete for relevant sites.
- Oversee the leadership of the Group analytics projects, acting as main contact for key new system enhancement project partner to drive improved dashboarding and ensure data integrity. .
- Work with non-finance managers to drive the divisional budgeting and forecasting.
- Leadership of any Groupwide analytical projects as directed by the CFO.
- Responsibility for the reviewing commercial performance of leisure sites -
- Providing accurate and timely finance information for those sites (i.e. review accuracy of site management accounts in the South region with completion by working day 6).
- Production of a short monthly business commentary pack identifying good performance and opportunities.
- Identifying commercial opportunities (relative to peer set sites) by using data analysis to provide insight that sites might not identify.
- Guiding the financial business case for large capex projects at sites in the South region, including ongoing investment appraisal, in discussion with the CFO.
- Work with non-finance managers to drive the site budgeting and forecasting processes at sites in the South region, being responsible for the output and helping Site Directors (SD) / General Managers (GM) to articulate the financial logic to Board and Exec members.
- Providing finance and business support to SD / GMs. Ultimately be the finance go to person for non-financial leaders at those sites (this means partnering the RD to support various SD/ GMs as necessary). Ultimately the South region leadership team should see you as an extension of his / her leadership team.
- Alongside the GFC, ensure sites in the South region have strong financial controls and work with teams to address areas of concern.
- Management of a Finance Business Partner with responsibility for co-ordinating the Finance Admin roles and compliance with procedures across the Group.