Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Business and Reinsurance Manager, Actuarial. Principal Responsibilities
- Support Reinsurance premium and claims calculation for regular reporting and reinsurance settlement
- Communicate the results with external reinsurance partners
- Prepare management information reports and analysis for credit risk monitoring and regular reporting
- Enhance Reinsurance administration system, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for reinsurance premium and claims calculation, including preparing testing plan, conducting UAT, contributing to the test reports and documentation, etc.
- Support IFRS 17 and HKRBC Reinsurance data requirement and other requirements related to Reinsurance
- Ensure Reinsurance process and governance to be compliance with GL17 and SOX requirements
- Ensure Reinsurance Control review (annual reinsurance review, insurance risk mandate review, reinsurance framework and strategy review etc.) is in place to be compliance with Group's standard
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders (Reinsurer, Investment Operation, Finance, etc) to minimize liquidity risk
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as assigned
- University graduate or above, preferably major in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Risk Management, Business Administration, Insurance or related disciplines
- At least 8 years' experience in life insurance is preferred
- Strong self-motivation with ability of working effectively under pressure and commitment to process improvements
- Strong knowledge of PC application software such as MS Office, Excel, as well as knowledge of SQL and database management
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, with good knowledge of application software
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.