About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Investment Risk and Analytical Services (IRAS) provides Investment Performance and Risk Measurement reporting and analysis, Compliance Guideline Monitoring, and Private Markets reporting and analysis across the Corporate pension funds, Public Funds, Foundations and Endowments, Wealth Management, Global Family Office, Sovereign Wealth Funds and Investment Management client segments.
This role reports to the Global Head of IRAS and serves as an integral member of the senior management team. As the Regional Lead, the candidate provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure that our products provide industry leading analytical solutions to our clients as well as fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the team. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountable for the delivery and quality of the IRAS products and services delivered to clients in the EMEA region.
- Lead business development efforts for prospective clients and cross selling efforts to existing clients.
- Ability to engage with senior client contacts such as CIO's & COO's to position products and services and to manage complex and difficult issues.
- Leverage historical experience across performance and risk management to aid the team in issue resolution and ensuring the team is adequately staffed, trained and positioned for growth.
- Lead and manage a team of partners, providing mentorship, guidance, and fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture.
- Promote professional development opportunities and keep the team up-to-date with industry trends, best practices in analytics and the competitive landscape within the region.
- Use data to understand and improve performance, make decisions, and challenge current thought processes.
- Ability to thrive in a growth business that is constantly evolving and comfortable using technology to eliminate manual processes, improving business operations and the overall client experience
- Collaborate with leaders across the IRAS business to help drive and implement global strategic initiatives across operations and client servicing
- Collaborate with stakeholders from various departments, including leadership, finance, marketing, sales, and other business units across the organization.
- Communicate complex analytical concepts in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
. Skills/ Qualifications:
Working with Us
- Extensive professional experience in a related financial services business (especially across Middle Office functions, investment management operations, etc.)
- Strong grasp of performance analytics, portfolio construction, risk, and other investment concepts
- Proficiency in portfolio analytics tools and software
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting at all levels.
- Strong social and cross-cultural skills, with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Detail oriented team player with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of internal business partners.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and have the ability to work successfully in a fast paced, results oriented team environment.
- Positive and proactive attitude with flexibility to accommodate changing environment and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Be an incredible leader with authenticity, gravitas to influence others and the ability to inspire people
- Experience of leading, managing and developing an interdisciplinary team, improving team performance, and supporting an environment of continuous learning
- Must genuinely care about people and want to create an environment where they can succeed
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.