S&P Global Ratings Associate Director, Structured Finance The Role
: The EMEA Structured Finance Practice has an Associate Director opening in the ABS/RMBS team. The successful candidate will be based in London and will act in an analytical role, supporting the rating activity of the team, providing analysis and relevant research to the ABS/RMBS structured finance markets. The Team
: You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists. The Impact
: The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping the undertaking of the analysis for the EMEA ABS/RMBS team. As an Associate Director, you will have direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits and be responsible for conducting credit and financial analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analysing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation.
You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in discussions within the team and in presenting the analyses in committees. You will act proactively toward the resolution of issues, investigating root causes for problem-solving and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team, as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global Ratings with market participants, through effective communication with issuers, key clients as well as in conferences where you may be asked to participate as speaker. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem solving. What's in it for you
: The successful candidate will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types. Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Independently prepare and present analysis and recommendations to credit committees.
- Conduct analyses on complicated Structured Finance transactions - reviewing data, documentation and reviewing and running related credit and cash-flow models, with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement and presentation.
- Working closely with senior analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team.
- Participate in analytical educational meetings to provide insight on our analytical approach.
- Model S&P leadership behaviours, coach and mentor junior staff.
- Understand and implement S&P's Policies and SOPs.
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance as appropriate.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject. You could be pursuing postgraduate studies/CFA qualification.
- Relevant industry experience in Structured Finance, ABS, RMBS, or credit analysis or related analytical fields.
- An S&P Global employee at this level would typically have 6 or more years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrable analytical work experience with responsibility for managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes.
- Solid analytical capability, team player with good time management skills.
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment.
- Proactive team player with a w illingness-to-learn and an analytical mind-set.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) with the ability to prepare professional analyses and reports.
- Another European language would be desirable.
- Advanced skills in using cash flow and credit models is desirable.
Grade 12 (for internal purposes) Location:
Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In London this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
294501 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom