We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual. The ideal candidate would be able to navigate the unknown, and collaborate with groups across the firm, including the Business and other core Support areas, in order to problem solve effectively and offer solutions. They would have a keen eye for detail, with a key focus on contract review vs trade capture and settlement support of structured finance transactions. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Physical Commodities Ops team is responsible for the operational support of the Structured Finance Business in Europe. The team works very closely with our logistics, sales and trading teams to facilitate and understand new and existing physical commodity products. Additionally, the team interact with other internal teams that include strategists, technology and legal. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Business Engagement: partner closely with the desk on all new business initiatives - be the key point of contact to co-ordinate new structured finance deals or embed a new business initiative into the firm
- Documentation: Daily responsibilities relating to onboarding of new structured physical business, desk support, trade checkouts, and contracts for various physical products. Providing support to traders, sales and marketers around existing transactions and new business
- Settlements: Daily monitoring of payments and receipts, invoicing clients and the daily reconciliation of customer account balances for physical transactions covering a wide range of commodity businesses and products. Responsible for the creation and review of structured excel models that facilitate business support and reconciliations of structured transactions.
- Daily interaction with Traders, Sales, Technology, Legal, Strategists and other Operational departments
- Preparation and review of escalation and control reports
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in an operations support role, project/franchise management role or similar
- Technical & Analytical Focus with attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Teamwork skills
- Demonstrate Risk & Control Focus
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure and with competing tasks
- Advanced Excel Skills preferred
- Project Management
- Communication & Presentation skill
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity