We are working with a leading Macro Hedge Fund ($10bn+) that is looking to hire an EM FX PM/Strategist, in a dual role that would involve portfolio management (running own book of best EM FX ideas), as well as research/investment strategy.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10+ years of experience in EM FX (including Options expertise), which would ideally include time as a PM or Trader, as well as previous experience as an EM Strategist or Economist, with a very clear research framework for trade idea generation and coverage of your markets. It will be most likely that anyone reading this might have covered EM FX & Rates, and this is fine, provided anyone joining knows that the core focus will be on EM FX.
Expertise in China is an absolute requirement for this role, as well as extensive experience covering other major EM FX markets (such as Brazil, Mexico, CE3), along with a clear understanding of the associated macroeconomic frameworks.
In this role, the EM FX PM will be managing their own book (focused on their best EM FX ideas) with the potential to increase capital allocation over time. There will also be a focus on generating P&L for a broader group portfolio, primarily through EM FX trades.
While buy-side experience is preferred, candidates with a strong sell-side background focused on EM FX research idea generation will also be considered. A commitment to thorough research is also essential, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively within a team and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally. The candidate should also have a strong quantitative aptitude/background. Key Responsibilities
- Manage own EM FX ideas in trading book, with ability to increase capital allocation over time.
- Contribute to P&L generation for a broader group portfolio
- Build and maintain the macro framework for major EM FX markets - especially China / Korea / Brazil / Mexico / CE3.
- Conduct deep market research on EM FX while thinking and working holistically alongside colleagues in FX, Rates and Equities.
- At least 7-10+ years experience in EM FX, ideally with experience as a PM, as well as previous experience as an EM Strategist/Economist
- Expertise in China, as well as other core EM FX markets (Branzil, India, CE3 etc)
- Strong idea generation experience within EM FX
- Must show ability to dig deep on projects to get the correct answer.
- Experience conducting in-depth research and analysis on on EM FX and broader macro topics
- Strong quantitative background