First Citizens offers you the strength and stability of a diversified financial institution with a 125-year tradition of service and the personalized approach of a nimble financial partner. First Citizens Bank helps personal, business, commercial and wealth clients build financial strength that lasts. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., First Citizens has built a unique legacy of strength, stability and long-term thinking that has spanned generations. First Citizens offers an array of general banking services including a network of more than 550 branches in 23 states and commercial banking expertise delivering best-in-class lending, leasing and other financial services coast to coast. Parent company First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCNCA) is a top 20 U.S. financial institution with more than $200 billion in assets.
The Associate, Underwriter supports the Healthcare team at an advanced level through underwriting, analysis, and structuring recommendations for Healthcare portfolios. Identifies, gathers, and reviews financial information to determine borrower risk ratings and appropriate loan structuring. Assesses and communicates risks within new and existing Healthcare accounts. Provides service and support for both associates and clients, assisting in customer calls and may assist in identifying cross-sales opportunities to facilitate lending activities.
- Underwriting - Underwrites Healthcare accounts according to applicable regulations, procedures, and guidelines. Reviews financial statements, communicates with clients or prospects, and performs analysis to recommend credit grades and appropriate loan structuring. Ensures all involved parties are updated on underwriting progress and outcome.
- Analysis - Sources, compiles, and interprets financial data to support structuring and approval of loans. Reviews industry information and comparisons, key risks and mitigants , and collateral to form a general business overview of the borrower. Utilizes results of analysis to underwrite Healthcare loans.
- R isk Management - Identifies risks through reviews, analysis, and research of new and existing Healthcare loans. Communicates identified risks, review schedule, and potential changes in the Healthcare portfolio. Assists in coordinating review and renewal schedules for existing credits, facilitating ongoing risk identification and management.
- Business Support - May assist in the identification of cross-sales opportunities and servicing information. Prepares credit analysis documentation. Partners with associates and clients to determine needs and structuring of new requests, participating in client and prospect calls as needed.
The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is $100,000 - $120,000/Yr. This position is eligible for variable compensation, which may be in the form of incentive, bonus, or commission pay. First Citizens offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits program which you can review here: .
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in accounting and / or banking; current role in credit underwriting / portfolio management a plus
- Completion of a formal credit training program
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting
- Proficiency in financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint