Together, Silicon Valley Bank and First Citizens offer you the strength and stability of a diversified financial institution with a 125-year tradition of service and the personalized approach of a nimble financial partner.
First Citizens Bank helps personal, business, commercial and wealth clients build financial strength that lasts. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., First Citizens has built a unique legacy of strength, stability and long-term thinking that has spanned generations. First Citizens offers an array of general banking services including a network of more than 550 branches in 23 states and commercial banking expertise delivering best-in-class lending, leasing and other financial services coast to coast. Parent company First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCNCA) is a top 20 U.S. financial institution with more than $200 billion in assets. SVB Be Part of a Bank Like No Other
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
Responsibilities: The Vice President, Project Finance will be responsible for:
• Supporting a team that is focused on the execution of project finance debt transactions across a variety of potential energy and resource innovation sectors including: renewable energy, power, and infrastructure.
• All aspects of transaction execution, including due diligence, internal risk and return evaluations, and coordinating processes with clients, advisors, other lenders and internal partners.
• Deal team support with independent research and analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, construction reports, operating reports, etc.
• Providing significant contributions to external marketing, including developing and drafting presentations and pitch books, providing market research and intelligence, and maintaining internal resources and materials.
• The development of detailed project finance models, which will include multiple debt tranches across loan and capital markets, scenario and sensitivity analyses, and key metrics and outputs.
• Assisting in closing and booking of new transactions and completion of customer due diligence procedures including customer registration, renewals and monitoring.
• As the business continues to grow, you will also be involved in expected future project finance financial advisory assignments.Origination and Execution:
• Assist deal team with all aspects of execution of new opportunities, including reviewing and summarizing due diligence materials and reports, research to support new initiatives, and coordinating with clients, advisors, other lenders and internal constituents.
• For new deals, manage the internal credit process conducting analysis and research, preparing credit memorandums and applications and managing communications with credit and operations teams from origination through close and funding.
• Prepare pitch books and presentation materials related to client and prospect acquisition.
• Build and/or review Excel financial models for project finance transactions with the ability to create various financing structures and credit metrics. Ability to assist with model analysis for both origination and execution.
• Manage administrative requirements including internal pricing models and all regulatory requirements associated with client onboarding.Other:
• General assistance, as directed, with the growth of the business, including research into new potential business areas and financial structures.
The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is generally from $156,302.00 to $234,454.00 per year. This position is eligible for variable compensation, which may be in the form of incentive, bonus, or commission pay. First Citizens offers a competitive benefits program which you can review here: https://jobs.firstcitizens.com/benefits
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or accounting and 6+ years of large corporate, commercial or project finance loan structuring. OR a High School Diploma or GED with 9+ years of large corporate, commercial or project finance loan structuring.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience in project finance financial modeling, presentations, and drafting underwriting/investment memoranda and credit documentation, reviewing contracts and project materials, and bank operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely effectively and manage/prioritize multiple streams of workflow simultaneously.
- Strong ability to recognize and communicate transaction risks and mitigants.
- An MBA with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to effectively, tactfully, professionally communicate with customers, officers, and other bank personnel
- Strong attention to detail in both qualitative and quantitative work
- Demonstrated tenacity and patience for problem solving
- Capacity to effectively organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong, proactive oral and written communication skills
- Experience and passion to work on cutting edge energy or infrastructure related financing transactions
- Proactive, resourceful, self-starter
- Collaborative team player, willing to receive direction and/or provide support across levels. Able to work independently and also in close collaboration with others.
- Creative thinker