Who we are looking for
State Street is seeking a technical business analyst to support the Trade Processing Systems Team in our Irvine, CA office. You will work on enhancements for DNS (Delivery Notification System) application for our monthly software releases and new applications for various clients. What you will be responsible for
As a Business Analyst
you will be responsible for:
What we value
- Gathering business requirements, analyzing the requirements, writing specifications for developers, creation of test plans and system integration testing according to State Street's published Development Process Framework.
- Production support, monitoring of our systems during peak business volumes and quickly reacting to business needs while coordinating with technical staff to resolve technical issues.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Prior experience working in Capital Markets with Asset Management / Investment Banking organization knowledge preferred
- Complete understanding of trade life cycle
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- MBA, bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as IT Business analyst
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of SQL: Sybase preferred
- Basic knowledge of UNIX
- Demonstrate ability to work well with different business users and stakeholders groups
- Gathering business requirements and writing functional specification documents
- Experience with multiple testing approaches: functional, regression, integration and user testing and testing automation tools
- Ability to coordinate with onshore/offshore developers
- Data mapping skills
- Gap/Comparative analysis
- Report analysis
- Basic understanding of XML is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SWIFT standards is a plus
- Aptitude for learning new things.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting skills
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.