ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees.
Seeking Trading Analyst to assist the Trading Desk in trading domestic and internal equity securities, derivatives and currencies. The Trading Analyst needs to maintain technical knowledge of trading and settlement processes in different markets and performing both pre-trade and post-trade impact analysis. Work includes supporting the trading and management of more liquid fixed income portfolios. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively in a team environment while demonstrating a commitment to task and attention to detail.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Trading Desk and members of the Public Equity Teams and outside Advisors to execute equity transactions, contributing to the determination of timing, order size, price level, execution method and executing broker.
- Operates trading equipment and software to effectively execute and record all transactions.
- Assists in maintaining documentation for trade decisions.
- Tracks broker commissions to ensure that commission allocations conform to the broker vote results.
- Performs complex research and analysis of fixed income securities, regulatory changes, and market innovations to recommend enhancements to the portfolio or investment process to the Managing Director.
- Contributes to the active management of the Treasury and Mortgage portfolios to assist in achievement of strategic and tactical goals. Serves as a back-up for Treasury and Mortgage portfolio managers.
- Works with Investment Operations to ensure the proper settlement of all securities and related cash flows. M
- Maintains relationships with sales, analysts and investment strategy personnel of the broker/dealer community.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in finance, economics, accounting or similarly related.
- Three (3) years of experience in an institutional investment environment with a focus on analysis and trading on equity and fixed income securities. Each level of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Market Technician (CMT) program successfully completed may be substituted for six (6) months of required work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint or other business productivity related software.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
4. Master’s degree in business, finance, economics or accounting.
5. Chartered Financial Analyst program or CFA designation.
6. Chartered Market Technician program or CMT designation.
7. Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet and/or similar software and information systems. Experience with global equity markets and domestic fixed income markets.
8. Experience supporting portfolio managers in a public or private pension system, endowment hedge fund or mutual fund environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: This is not a remote only position. Domestic and international travel is required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no Military Occupational Specialty codes assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Ready to join the dedicated, customer-focused team at ERS? Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment submitted online through CAPPS Recruit. Use the link below to create a CAPPS Recruit account and build your profile on the “My JobPage” tab in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Once your profile is complete, click on the “Job Search” tab in the upper left corner of the screen to view available career opportunities and submit your application. Note: Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment.
Applications submitted through Work in Texas:
If you apply for an ERS position via Work in Texas https://www.workintexas.com/vosnet/Default.aspx, you will also need to complete a supplemental questions form. For more details, refer to the instructions in the email you receive from CAPPS Recruit.
Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989