Job Description: Job Title
Auditor - Cross Divisional Operations (CDO) Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President
The Group Audit (GA) function is a professional, business focused, proactive risk-based global audit team that assists the Bank's business and infrastructure areas to identify key control weaknesses.
An Assistant Vice President in the global Cross Divisional Operations (CDO) team you will work with management and staff within Group Audit to deliver audits performed regionally and globally. You will become an integral member of a diverse high-performance CDO team, providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) support on various operational topics for other audit teams on operational controls as part of the holistic 'front to back' audit review process.
You will report into the Principal Audit Manager (PAM) based in the Bangalore India responsible for the Reference Data Services, Lending Operations and Audit Confirmations processing portfolio. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Hybrid working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from home
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to CDO managed audits in accordance with Group Audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- Document process flows, identify risks, assess controls, and perform audit testing within the audit application
- Contribute to the continuous monitoring and SME framework of the GA CDO environment, periodic update of auditable area risk assessments and contribute to the annual audit planning process as required
- Work on ad hoc projects including methodology enhancements and regulatory inquiries
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and other Infrastructure support areas
- Develop and maintain broad regulatory knowledge and experience
How we'll support you
- Educated to degree level in relevant field, or with relevant equivalent work experience, ideally in an internal or external audit role
- Banking or finance experience is preferred; but experience from other industry sectors considered
- Good knowledge of key banking products and/or operations lifecycle is beneficial - particularly Reference Data Services, Lending Operations, Asset services and Audit Confirmations processing portfolio
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- An ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver under tight deadlines and defined budgets
- A firm commitment to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards, driving integrated working practices
About us and our teams
- GA's dedicated in-house Staff Development team will provide you with an understanding of GA's methodology, as well as basic product knowledge and associated risk and control matters
- Hybrid working arrangement to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities' employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (e.g., screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.