The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
The Capital Risk team within the Risk Division provides an independent view, and challenge of, capital risk and related prudential regulations across the group.
The team advises on regulatory capital interpretations and firmwide capital management actions. The role also includes monitoring, analysing, interpreting, and challenging the firm's regulatory capital requirements on an actual and forecast basis and capital management processes. At the heart of the role is oversight and project management of the group's ICAAP. RESPONSIBILITIES
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Working closely with the Finance team, review, check and challenge the capital forecast positions. Monitor governance and robustness of these positions and apply, propose and run appropriate stress scenarios to inform executive management and the Board
- Communicate thoughtful analysis on regulatory capital matters to senior stakeholders.
- Active participation in capital assurance / assumption forums including active participation in the executive Capital Adequacy Committee (CAC).
- Support the Head of Prudential Regulation in preparing and delivering the group's ICAAP for approval by the Board, including planning and day-today project management of the process.
- Implement and maintain appropriate validation of core regulatory capital requirement approaches and calculations.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- Strong and in-depth experience of Financial Services, in particular, capital structures for example Pillar 1, Regulatory Capital calculations and capital reporting dynamics.
- Strong attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and commitment to excellence
- Ability to conduct research, analyse technical regulatory papers and identify relevant issues.
- Understanding of banking organisations and financial products
- Ability to analyse new business proposals with particular focus on regulatory capital implications
- Experience of Regulatory Reporting, including preparation of key capital-related PRA regulatory returns
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back. ABOUT US
At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: