Job DescriptionPurpose of the Role:
You will be a part of the Asian Investment Banking Division ("AIBD") that sits in the front line, responsible for the promotion of Corporate & Investment Banking ("CIB") products and services in the Asia and Oceania region, covering both Global Corporates and Japanese Corporates. The Portfolio Management department is a key function in AIBD that takes over the management of structured loans originated in AIBD, including real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, renewables, energy and utilities, to monitor and enhance the credit quality of the portfolio through direct engagement of external and internal stakeholders and through credit risk assessment and support.
Your role will entail managing a portfolio of structured finance assets across Asia originated in Project Finance (power, natural resources, and infrastructure) and Shipping Finance. A key objective of the role is to provide strategic insight to the portfolio as first line of defense.Job Responsibilities:
You will play an important role in our team by taking on responsibilities that include (but are not limited to):Client Management and Strategy
Portfolio Management, Credit Risk Analysis and Reporting
- Active management of the overall risk profile of assets throughout project life, including ongoing monitoring of client and project conditions, proactive risk identification, recommendation of risk mitigants, and Management reporting.
- Implementation of solutions through stakeholder negotiations with clients, bank syndicates, external specialist advisors and internal stakeholders including negotiation of waiver terms and amendment documents.
- Co-work with Origination team in the arrangement of refinancing transaction, such as deal execution, negotiation, documentation review.
- Support the execution of work-out transactions, including restructuring terms, negotiation, preparing financial models, negotiate documentation.
- Maintenance of good client relationships through regular direct contact with clients to represent the business objectives to resolve issues while managing customer needs.
- Work on portfolio strategies, including the performance of stress testing, sector analysis and other portfolio analysis
- Assessment and execution of secondary loan sales in collaboration with the MUFG Distribution Team
- Preparation and oversight of borrower rating, credit applications and reviews
- Preparation and oversight of Management, Head Office and Regulatory Reporting
- Preparation and coordination of internal and external audits, and inspections
- Implementation of strategic initiatives, including enhancements to the credit monitoring process to improve business efficiency.
- Supporting the Head of Department in overall management of the portfolio and sector coverage.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience in banking, financial services, consulting or similar industries
- Experience in credit or financial analysis or credit management
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in credit analysis, credit writing, recommendation to credit committee or being a credit approver.
- 3 years of cashflow or financial modelling know-how.
- Understanding of banking products, credit risk, financial analysis, critical and data analysis, impact sensitivity studies, options analysis, financing documentation and legal considerations.
- Degree in Finance, Banking Accounting, or related discipline would be beneficial.
- Experience in Project Finance, or structured product financing would be advantageous. Including sector knowledge in power, natural resources and infrastructure.
- Good technical skills, a strategic mindset and business acumen.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and a good team player, with ability to build rapport with internal and external parties.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.