ED, Industry Banker (Telecom, Media & Technology), Sector Solutions Group
Posting Date: 29 Nov 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
Senior TMT Banker responsible for sector coverage in regional markets within Asean and Greater China region
- Responsible for driving pitch, originate and close sector-led solutions/transactions with strategic/key corporate clients in TMT sector
- Competence in developing credit structures or innovative solutions in transaction banking products that would grow TMT non-interest business income
- Responsible for growing cross border Financial Supply Chain Management business and ESG-theme transactions in TMT sector
- Confident in engaging management level representatives of identified strategic clients with sector insights and share opportunity areas from the emerging/prevailing trends
- Second-in-command to SSG TMT Sector Head in managing the overall TMT sector business and regional teams with a focus on productivity and franchise building
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical subjects - Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, or any other concentration relevant to the assigned Sector/Sub-Sectors.
• At least 15 years' banking experience covering Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT) secotr in a similar role, or in Corporate / Commercial Banking or Project Finance in Asia with substantive focus in the Sector/Sub-Sectors or;
• 15 years' business or commercial experience in the Sector either in a treasury management or business development role - need to have good understanding of banking related products;
• Knowledge of sustainability or ESG developments in the Sector/Sub-Sectors
• Good understanding of banking products such as Cash Management, Trade and Financial Supply Chain Management, Treasury and Hedging Solutions; rotational experience or stints in such Product areas would be an advantage
• Good grasp and experience in ESG/Green Loans, Sustainability-Linked and Transition Financing
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• Industry-specific experience for the assigned Sector/Sub-Sector would be an advantage
• Experience in dealing with 3rd party financing platforms such as Prime Revenue, Nexus, LiquidX, Bolero, DLT or SAP Ariba etc, will be an advantage Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.