- Plan and perform IT audits across the entire business covering: IT-related business processes, Applications, Infrastructure and Cyber Security. Main topics will be Investment Banking and trading processes and the underlying IT systems. In addition, auditing of service providers
- Carry out review of organizational activities assigned following departmental standards, as well as the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit
- Following department and professional standards, plan, develop and execute corporate IT audit projects created to provide accurate assessment of operational performance and internal control processes
- Produce and review reports and audit work papers, ensuring effective documentation of results of reviews on assigned activities that have been made, as well as the recommended action that management should take, for easy follow up
- Identify potential IT risks and related issues by applying knowledge of Information Technology industry trends and present IT environment
- Perform the required IT audits of the organization as an individual or working in a team
- Make comprehensive plans to carry out individual audit tasks, including determination of audit objectives, identifying major controls and risks, and creating the right audit program
- Take part in major IT initiatives and projects as well as in reviews of security systems and internal controls under development
- Develop data analysis for general audit and participate in studies such as fraud investigation, audit department policy updates, etc.
Why Join Us?
- University degree in computer science or similar
- Broad audit experience across various areas of IT, including databases, operating systems, and applications
- Strong proficiency and skills with database (SQL)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CIA are helpful
- Knowledge of:
- programming languages (preferable python) for data analytics
- IT and security frameworks (COBIT, ITIL)
- of banking products especially investment banking / trading processes
- auditing and auditing methods
- of external regulation
- Independent, thorough and systematical way of working
- Communicative team player with willingness for limited travelling
- German language is helpful
We have a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although we have a long history, we remain entrepreneurial in our approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress across the bank. Joining Berenberg means joining an organisation that will invest in the development of your career.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer, amongst others, private medical cover, an attractive pension, a flexible benefits scheme, and a generous holiday entitlement.
About Berenberg: We are a leading European private bank, with over 430 years of experience and deep-rooted history, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its largest office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt, and New York, we are one of Europe's foremost privately-owned banks. 1500 employees carry the Bank's long tradition of success into the future. Through it's business divisions across the Investment Bank, Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment solutions and private individuals.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.