Your team responsibilitiesThe MSCI Analytics Sales Specialist is responsible for new business development for all MSCI Analytics products as well as maintaining existing client relationships. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails positioning and closing sales for a suite of quantitative investment decision support tools from large scale enterprise risk systems to specialized portfolio optimization software. The prospect set includes current clients as well as prospective clients. Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the risk and investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data model distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Refinitiv, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI Barra and Risk Metrics tools for their clients.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, contract negotiation, sales closing, product setup and delivery. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments. Previous exposure to ESG and Climate metrics and regulation is considered as an added value for the role.
What we offer you
• At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose - to power better investment decisions. You'll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
• Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
• Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
• You'll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our 'Here For You' Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
• Client Prospecting
• Achieve targeted quarterly and annual revenue goals
• Set-up and participate in prospective client product demonstrations
• Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research
• Develop and maintain strong sales pipeline
• Lead client engagement, needs assessment, and solution pitches
• High level relationship management
• Strategic planning with accounts
• Achieve targeted revenue and strategic client segment goals
• Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, meeting notes, finalized contracts, etc.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills
• Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
• Strong sales closing skills
• Strong understanding of the global equity markets
• Understanding of and experience dealing with major buy-side including asset managers and superannuation funds and/or sell-side financial institutions including market makers and broker dealers
• Superior time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
• Experience in Investment portfolio construction, risk management or performance analytics tools/functions preferred
• 5+ years of experience in the financial service industry, including direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment. Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
How we'll support you
• Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You'll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
• We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
• As a new joiner you'll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
• Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
• At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
• We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women's Leadership Forum.
About MSCIMSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To learn about life at MSCI visit careers.msci.com , follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or join our Talent Community .
To all recruitment agenciesMSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please email Disability.Assistance@msci.com and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Please note, this e-mail is intended only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation; it is not intended for other inquiries.
Note on recruitment scams
We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on our careers site .
Quotes from Emilia Marton, Anja Ludzuweit, Dorottya Bruszt