Vice President, Regulatory Analysis and Reporting I Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Specialist, Regulatory Analysis and Reporting to join our TRR CTB team. This role is located in Chennai / Pune, IND - HYBRID (3 days/week in the Office).
As part of the BNY Mellon Regulatory Operations & Reconciliation Center of Excellence, our team is responsible for implementing the strategic vision for data governance, control and monitoring for Transaction and Trade Regulatory Reporting for Global Markets reporting obligations.
The BNYM TRR Program is a strategic and multi-year initiative to deliver a robust quality assurance and control process over all regulatory trade and transaction reporting across 11 regulators and 18 regulations for all Markets products and entities. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Develops and implements the policies, procedures and controls that maintain the accuracy of data being reported. Develops plans and programs that help automate the regulatory reporting process and limit control gaps. Communicates the importance of maintaining the appropriate risk culture in communication with staff and management throughout the organization. Ensures consistency with regulatory requirements throughout the reporting process.
- Engages in analysis of data in reporting systems to identify control gaps and develop the necessary programs to address them. May enlist the support of more junior team members.
- Has a deep understanding of the processes and products within the relevant systems from which regulatory reports are created. Leads complex projects in support of new or evolving processes / products or for initiatives with cross-functional or enterprise-wide impact.
- Develops the validation processes for data, including assessment and monitoring of data quality issues. Oversees data cleansing / remediation activities.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by more junior team members. Prepares ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders. Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Accountable for the attestation process. Independently signs-off on the integrity of the data delivered.
- Interfaces and builds relationships with function managers to ensure their compliance with regulatory reporting principles. Manages long-standing strategic relationships with a wide range of stakeholders that represent multiple business units. Works with stakeholders to ensure their understanding of and support for regulatory reporting goals and compliance with regulatory reporting implementation.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to identify key issues, to summarize them efficiently, and to escalate them in an appropriate and timely manner.
- No direct reports; provides guidance to more junior team members as needed.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under time pressure.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.