The Role Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Head, Transformation, Technology & Operations (TTO) Communication & Engagement (C&E), t his role will be part of a central team that reports to the TTO Chief of Staff, with an additional matrix reporting to the Global Head of TTO Communications, Change and Innovation. The role will drive and deliver communications services in support of the TTO domains, and in alignment with the TTO communication strategy and approach. Additionally, the role's purpose is to account manage strategic functions within TTO and drive effective communications aligned to TTO Strategy 25 (S25).
- The Lead, TTO C&E will also develop communications plans and compelling content focused on specific business priorities and in support of delivering S25. Additionally, the role will develop productive working relationships with key stakeholders, as well as build and develop communications programmes for multiple internal and some external audiences.
- There are multiple roles for the Lead, TTO Communication & Engagement
- Provide strategic and tactical communications advice and support to the respective TTO Management Team members; Head, TTO C&E; and TTO Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CABM).
- Have a proactive approach in understanding and sharing industry best practices and looking for opportunities to promote and build awareness of TTO strategic priorities.
- Measure the success of communications using insights and analytics and adjust approach to meet organisational objectives.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
Provide leadership and oversight by setting the communications direction and deliverables for Group, Business or Region domains within TTO by supporting an account as follows:
- Enterprise Technology (ET) and Technology Strategy & Architecture (TSA)
- Information & Cyber Security (ICS) and Central Data Office (CDO)
- Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) and Europe & America (EA) (Technology and Operations)
- Consumer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB) (Technology and Operations)
- Regions (Asia and Africa & Middle East)
- Functions and Global Business Services (GBS).
- Collaborate with TTO C&E and TTO CABM to ensure function communications align and support broader communications priorities and processes.
- Drive communications to engage employees that is aligned to TTO's People & Culture agenda (for example: TTO Senior Leadership Team engagements, Town Halls, People Leader initiatives, Roadshows and events during Executive Visits to markets etc.).
- Define and implement communications plans to support project rollouts.
- Develop employee engagement and / or end-user targeted communications that raise awareness, drive engagement and inspire action around TTO priorities, services and solutions.
- Build awareness amongst key stakeholders around understanding S25 via business relevant, jargon-free and actionable communication initiatives.
- Manage internal and external Speaking Engagements for executives end to end (i.e. planning, leading briefings and developing key messages to be delivered).
- Develop compelling content such as thought leadership blogs, videos, podcasts, messaging documents and scripts, Q&A / FAQ materials, presentations, as well as messaging for executive platforms both internally (Town Halls) and externally (Speaking Engagements and Social Media) etc.
- Work effectively with the Lead, TTO C&E Delivery and Managers, TTO C&E to deliver centralised services such as Event Management, Channel Management (i.e. Bridge / Intranet, Distribution Lists), and manage Creative Design (i.e. Graphic Design) etc. for TTO domains.
- Responsibly manage budgets and vendors as required for domain communication initiatives.
- Proactively engage and work with internal stakeholders within Group, Business or Region domains for TTO
- Accountable to risk control owners and / or Group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance, and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite and building a culture of good conduct.
- Identify, report, and escalate issues, risks, business intelligence to leadership.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Apply the corporate brand standards consistently across all online and creative services, ensuring compliance with CABM guidelines.
- Ensure that tone of voice, messaging, and behaviours are aligned with the corporate narrative when we engage and communicate internally and externally.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- T TO Management Team
- TTO Communication & Engagement
- TTO CABM and other CABM teams
- TTO HR
- Group, Client and / or Region functions
- Business and Function communications teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Serve on communications related working groups and committees as needed.
- Take on special assignments to support TTO Communication & Engagement and TTO CABM priorities as needed .
• 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, internal / executive communications and / or public relations experience within a major corporate
• Experience in a Financial institution or Technology corporation setting and delivering proactive communications strategies
• Senior level experience in giving counsel and guidance to executives, and you are credible with senior management
• Ability to think through desired outcomes of communications strategies and tactics
• Ability to identify potential reputation or culture risk from a function's strategies, programs, or communications, and to raise these concerns effectively
• Experience in developing key messages for executives that will be delivered through various channels (i.e., External Speaking Engagements, Thought Leadership Blogs as well as social media etc.)
• Exceptional content creation and writing skills and have a clear understanding of how Communications and business functions should work together
• A professional qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or similar streams of education Role Specific Technical Competencies
About Standard Chartered
- Effective Communications
- Organisational Communications
- Written Communications
- Establishing and Maintaining Trust
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Business Ethics
- Manage Change
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers