Requisition ID 34077
Office Country United Kingdom
Office City London
Division Communications Department
Contract Type Intern
Contract Length 12 months
Posting End Date 08/12/2023 Purpose of the job
The Interns, Digital Projects (3 roles) will provide support to a one-year project that will deliver a new corporate website, staff intranet and associated technology platforms.
EBRD.com is the Bank's flagship website and is due to be redesigned and rebuilt in a project that begins in January 2024. As the primary 'shop window' for the organisation, the new website will introduce a modernised online presence for the EBRD and deliver a range of new digital functionality for audiences. On the back office side, this project will also cover the implementation of a new suite of content management software to support the new output.
These are hybrid working roles, with the Interns expected to spend a minimum of 2.5 days in our London office with the option to work remotely at other times.
All three Interns will support the project with a set of general duties including:
- Deep familiarisation with all facets of the existing and new software systems, as well as subject matter for the new website
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to coordinate content requirements and manage their involvement in the project
- Learning to use the web content management system (CMS) to publish, prepare and test web content
- Managing and editing images for online use (cropping, image correction, metadata tagging etc)
- Assisting with basic project management and admin tasks around coordination of web content
In addition to the above general duties: Two of the Interns will have a focus on content migration and creation, which entails:
- Act as expert in the new systems, helping to train others and coordinate training sessions and change management activities
- Act as ambassador for the project, helping to inform others and raise awareness as needed
- Deep familiarisation with the structure, taxonomy and general editorial setup of the new website
One of the Interns will have a focus on testing, which entails:
- Constructing and publishing web pages in the CMS
- Reviewing, organising and adding metadata to documents in the website
- Quality-checking content that has been migrated automatically
- Migrating images and video files where needed
- Liaising with developers and other project colleagues to quality-check the functionality of website components during system development
- Helping to coordinate and track the overall testing / signoff process and ensure that the delivered website functionality is fully covered off and aligns with expectations
- Checking content accuracy, broken links, click paths and other quality-control aspects of the new website
- Taking into account the above description of the two slightly different sets of Intern duties, please ensure that your cover letter notes whether you would like to be considered for one of these specifically, or both.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications (all roles)
- These positions are not 'technical' per se and do not require coding / development skills but rather a general aptitude for using technology.
- These positions do not require creative writing / journalism and whilst they call for strong editorial and communication skills, these roles would not suit candidates looking for an editorial or writing position
- EBRD internships are fully paid positions.
- Experience in a role where one or more enterprise computer platforms were used, for instance CMS, CRM, analytics or email marketing systems
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas of work
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with a broad range of colleagues and external parties
- Strong computer literacy, general aptitude for learning new technology and willingness to learn to use several software platforms quickly and to a high level
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop or similar image-editing tools
- Enthusiasm for using websites and digital channels to communicate ideas and showcase business impact
- A highly collaborative approach and willingness to work within a close-knit team, whilst also being able to work independently where needed
- Excellent communications skills and written English
- Interest and enthusiasm for the EBRD's mission, mandate and areas of work
- Ability to operate consistently within business guidelines and ethics and work sensitively in multicultural environments, building effective working relations with colleagues and external contacts
Please include a cover letter with your CV, indicating why this role appeals to you? What is it like to work at the EBRD?
- Resilience and calmness when working under pressure, managing multiple tasks and responding to changing priorities in a sometimes-unpredictable project environment
- Analytical mindset and capacity to problem-solve and contribute ideas and suggestions to improve processes
- Valuable but non-essential additional extra skills and experiences would include
- Experience in a role involving web development / media / communications / digital output
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience of using Adobe or Oracle content management tools
- Understanding of Agile project management
- Experience of working in a mid-size corporate environment
- Experience of working with offshore teams
- Any experience around data management and visualisation
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time. Job Segment:
Testing, Sustainability, Project Manager, ERP, Banking, Technology, Energy, Finance