Head of FinanceLocation:
Centred around London with our flexible trust based work policySalary:
100k+ PAFull Time/Part Time:
About Mission Zero Technologies:
- + Employee Share Option Scheme
- + Above industry standard holiday (30 days vs 22-25)
- + Close office over Xmas where possible
- + £500 personal development grant every year
- + Unlimited mental health support
- + 3 months of equal Paternity or Maternity leave
- + Monthly rewilding donation on your behalf
- + Cycle to Work scheme
MZT is a hardware technology start-up pioneering a breakthrough Direct Air carbon Capture (DAC) technology that can scrub CO2 from the air using a fraction of the energy compared to incumbent technologies developed by the likes of Carbon Engineering and Climeworks. In the past three years, MZT has evolved its technology from concept to pilot plant scale, successfully raising over £8m from a mixture of private and government funding. MZT's technology is a hybrid of approaches, combining efficient solution-phase capture of CO2 with a continuous and compact electrochemical separation technology.
Mission Zero and its work is guided by its principles of bold curiosity, problem solving acumen and hope for the future. We strive to realise a world where humanity has new tools to fight climate change, remove CO2 permanently from the atmosphere and produce everyday products such as concrete blocks or fuels from atmospheric carbon emissions. To do this we need to realise a decentralised Gt supply chain for CO2 sourced directly from the atmosphere.The opportunity:
You have the opportunity to join MZT at a pivotal point in our company's history - our transition from an early-stage R&D startup into a product offering, revenue-generating company poised to rapidly scale our DAC technology across the world.
You will develop and ensure our financial structures and processes are scalable, sustainable and fit for purpose, aligned with our business objectives to deploy our technology fast and internationally for the benefit of the environment. In the delivery of this you will report jointly to the COO and CEO. Initially supported by our accountant, procurement specialist, and external accounting partners, over time you will further build out the company's finance department and transacting capabilities, while formulating and providing critical financial & strategic input and analysis to the senior management team to support business decisions.What you'll be responsible for:
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Facilitating the CEO in presenting reports to board members, senior executives, and board members.
- Working closely with the CEO and commercialisation lead on exploring financing activities where appropriate.
- Working closely with the COO to implement, setup, rollout, and maintain multi-currency financial management systems and/or ERPs across the organisation.
- Crafting and implementing financial policies and controls across the organisation.
- Overseeing all day to day accounting and financial activities.
- Coordinating the preparation of budget and financial forecasting and reporting any variances, alongside team members.
- Preparing and publishing all monthly financial statements.
- Creating reports (annual and monthly) which identifies results, trends and forecasts.
- Making sure reporting meets compliant standards with statutory law and financial regulations.
- Identifying financial risk and putting in place appropriate measures to control for the identified risks.
- Supervising and managing financial department staff.
- Overseeing the audit process and liaising with external personnel where required.
- Support the business with financial strategy, decision-making processes and where needed to feed into commercial objectives.
- CFA/CPA/CMA qualification
- An in depth working knowledge of Netsuite and similar ERPs
- Familiarity and experience with UK reporting requirements
- Incredible analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- An ability to work and deliver within tight timelines
- Strong communication and leaderships skills and the ability to influence and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Commercial acumen
- 8+ years of experience building and maintaining rugged financial systems within CAPEX, R&D and hardware intensive businesses
- Prior experience in senior management positions and company-level reporting activities at an SME or larger company
- A can do attitude
- International experience