Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
You will be responsible for handling a portfolio of Casualty and Motor claims with values ranging from £100K up to £500K. The opportunity
The Claims team has been built to meet the evolving needs of our business and our customers. The team is a formidable force for QBE, comprising over five hundred people spread across multiple locations within UK and the rest of Europe, and reflecting the diversity and strength of the region. Handling over 200,000 claims a year, QBE has built a reputation for excellence within the market and is widely recognised for its technical expertise
You will be responsible for handling a portfolio of Casualty and Motor claims with values ranging from £100K up to £500K. Your new role
- Act as a referral point to other members of the Claims team on specific tasks as appropriate
- Support the Assistant Claims Manager and Team Leaders in the technical mentoring of Claims Adjusters and Technicians as required
- Support the implementation of the Claims strategy to enable delivery of overall business targets
- Deliver bespoke training to the Claims team
- Investigate and resolve complex Claims of a specialist nature in order to provide excellent Claims handling service with minimal leakage
- Proactively manage estimates and billings calculated by clients and brokers resolving any discrepancies
- Identify and investigate coverage issues to ensure that the company's liability is in line with its contractual commitments
- Identify subrogation, contribution and other recovery issues and ensure that these are successfully pursued where appropriate
- Manage disputed Claims and other material Claims issues in order to resolve and settle claims on an economic basis
- Proactively manage claims under the control of panel Solicitors instructed on a non-DA basis, to drive resolution of claims
- Support the development of relationships with internal and external customers to enable the Claims function to fully support their needs
- Support the development of relationships with the Underwriters to enable the Claims function to support the needs of other areas within the business
- Ensure that Claims billings and advices are responded to within agreed timeframes to provide a professional service to brokers and clients
- Ensure that base premiums have been received before making Claim payments
- Where appropriate, ensure reinstatement premiums have been correctly calculated when making Claim payments
- Respond to internal and external stakeholder requests in accordance with service standards
- Support the Assistant Claims Manager or Team Leader in the production of Management Information reports
- Maintain knowledge of the Claims Portfolio and provide information to others on request to ensure the effective monitoring of Claims to support Underwriting and Claims decisions
- Reserve accurately to ensure that the Company's liability is clear at all times
- Ensure accurate and timely update of the company's systems as and when required
It would be advantageous to have the following skills:
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of Claims in Motor and/or Casualty
- Demonstrated experience in Casualty and/or Motor claims up to £500K
- Current knowledge of compliance, regulatory and statutory requirement
- Exceptional Investigative skills
- Solid Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Relationship Management skills
- Able to use MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Access
- Able to produce MI and detailed reports at various levels
Why QBE? At My Best
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Good working knowledge of QBE systems
- London, Lloyd's insurance
- Both Casualty and Motor claims experience
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. Key:
- Format, sub-headings and copy in black font to be included in all external advertisements globally
- Copy in blue font can be customised for role and/or region
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.