Functional Job Title : Officer - Close & Consolidation Reports to : COE Lead - AVP Department/ Division : Corporate Finance CoE, Bangalore Background:
Driven by the Beacon initiatives, functionalization of the corporate functions and re-alignment of the Finance Operating Model, State Street has established the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) organization
in 2017. GAO is a process-focused organization responsible for the majority of the record-to-report (R2R) activities
performed at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities Globally and also includes Accounting Centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. GAO organization is established on principles of Global Process Ownership and process excellence
, owning all aspects of business-as-usual activities within R2R areas and driving process improvements and automation Globally.
To achieve this objective, GAO has been structured into several distinct global units each is responsible for all aspects of selected major groups of R2R activities, such as Close & Consolidation, Revenue/Expense Accounting, Payroll Accounting, Intercompany Transactions, Specialized/Product Accounting, Cash/Deposit governance and others. Each global unit will be responsible for all aspects of business-as-usual activities within their group of processes, as well as process re-engineering and automation activities - this includes leading process assessments; driving process design and process re-engineering work; co-owning technology initiatives bringing automation to GAO organization, working in close collaboration with the teams in Finance Technology, Finance Re-Engineering, Data Management, and other partnership organizations. Basic Purpose of Job::
The Officer will be responsible for the review and preparation of accounting entries and managing Intercompany related transactions under US GAAP. This individual should posses extensive operational knowledge and should be subject matter expert in the area of accounting related to Intercompany transactions which will include recharges and accounting of capital events.
- Booking of Intercompany entries in the Primary and Secondary Ledger
- Knowekdge on Reg W Transactions.
- Managing disputes.
- Break resolution
Apart from the above requirement the candidate should have a complete overview of the IC process and should be readily in involved In project reengineering.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include: Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Should have "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- May be required to provide accounting analyses or research on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis of accounting transactions related to the products supported.
- Develop subject matter expertise in all aspects of the products under responsibility including operational aspects of a particular accounting transaction.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure high quality and completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe. Team deliverables revolve around;
- Monitor Suspense Activity
- Monitor Closolidation & Retained Earnings Breaks
- Monitor P/L movement
- Intercompany Breaks
- Monitor Cash Colloteral Moves
- Coordinate month-end close including prepare / review manual journal entries and export accounting system reports
- Prepare account reconciliations and certification
- Process adjustments to Treasury Data Repository (TDR), complete TDR data checks, and perform TDR reconciliations to ledger
- Prepare Regulatory Reporting.
- Prepare SEC reporting
- Prepare Regulatory, SEC, and Internal reporting
- Perform CCAR CFO attestation control testing
- Perform SOX control testing
- Internal Aduit support
- Response Audit queries and submissions of reports to Auditors and Tax Team.
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Prepare and update process narratives/procedures and flow charts
- Response to internal and external requests including variance analysis and inquires
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects and new transactions
- General ledger account requests
- Accounting systems maintenance and upgrade
- Perform user access reviews & certifications
- Perform analysis to support intercompany transfers, prepare automated transfer processing file, validate transfers, and prepare manual journal entries
- Responsibility for ongoing process improvements
- Assist in implementation of the GAO process re-engineering and automation efforts
Job Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Chartered Accountant (CA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/MBA-Finance with 10-12 years of progressive experience in R2R areas with major financial institutions
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards for the above areas, experience with other accounting standards (German, etc.) is a plus
- In depth knowledge of Accounting for Certain Investments in Debt and Equity Securities ASC 320 former FAS115.
- Understanding of international regulatory landscape, experience with statutory accounting/reporting groups across several major international geographies.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Experience working with multi-geographical processes process
- Extensive experience performing day-to-day accounting operations, month-end and quarter-end activities for the above areas of accounting
- Experience with R2R (record-to-report) centralized processes
Skills required :
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase ,Oracle Financials.
- Knowledge of Spotfire, Cognos data analytics and visualization (or similar) a plus
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Excellent communication skills, prior experience of interacting with multiple stakeholders (Legal Entity and Geography controllers) in NA, EMEA, APAC
- Independent decision-making capabilities
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical ability to analyze and summarize financial transactions related to the products supported
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment