Job Description: Job Title
Data Controls Specialist Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President
Sustainability Technology drives the implementation of data, products and services that support the bank and its clients' goals in sustainable and responsible finance. You will join the team which support the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Key Deliverable - one of the most-high profile and impactful initiatives in the Bank.
Our team will provide a Bankwide set of services for the onboarding, management and distribution of externally sourced and internally created data describing the sustainability footprint of our clients, supporting better business decisions. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Execute Data analysis for data completeness, transformation, filters and data control validation
- Define appropriate metrics to measure the quality of the data in terms of fit for use and interpret data requirements, define business rules and/or format rules through working with data producers and data consumers
- Work with stakeholders to create and implement disclosure controls & procedures and ensure a robust control environment
- Coordinating internal audits or other external reviews of the information within DB's ESG disclosures, including preparation of materials to be disclosed to internal audit and external regulators
- Work and identify the key critical business processes within the bank that use ESG data, recognise the risk classification for those data sets and agree with stakeholders the relevant controls that need to be implemented
- Update and maintain Internal Control Model (cycles, risks, controls), including review of cycles, controls and ability to evaluate risks and challenge existing processes
How we'll support you
- Knowledgeable in the end-to-end issue management process and aggregated Data Controls reporting in order to review the overall health of data
- Previous experience: data controls management, compliance reporting, or other relevant fields
- Proficient ability to query large datasets (e.g., SQL) with a view to test/analyse content and present data analysis
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects (cross-divisional and cross-geographies)
- Experience of managing business stakeholder relationships, attention to detail with great communication skills, verbal, listening and written
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organizations and strong interest in ESG / sustainability an advantage
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.