Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Head of Technical & Business Performance- Motor
We have an exciting role following internal mobility for a Head of Technical & Business Performance to join supporting our Director of Underwriting in managing and controlling the underwriting (including influencing claims and reinsurance) strategy and execution of our Motor portfolios to ensure the achievement of business plan within a compliant framework.
- In conjunction with the Director and ensure delivery of the annual business plan for the portfolio(s), monitor and report on progress, identify deviations, recommend remedial action and implement it, in order to achieve business objectives.
- Initiate, analyse and deliver on new ideas and concepts to support the development and delivery of the business plan
- Positively contribute to claims reserve reviews ensuring correct methodology is followed and liaison with internal stakeholders
- Manage the performance monitoring of the account including retention and acquisition in line with the business plan
- Design & implement systems and reports to ensure the book of business is managed efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements whilst adhering to internal standards and best practices
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including customers, brokers, industry bodies, business partners, reinsurers and colleagues, to maximize influence
- Keep abreast of market dynamics and demonstrate market cycle awareness to be able to operate effectively and appropriately
- Produce training and guidance materials which support the account and embed compliance and best practice Management of the motor propositions and wordings
- Clear technical expertise across commercial motor products and market conditions
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written with the ability to build and maintain productive internal and external relationships
- Ability to present to Executives and engage effectively with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Clear portfolio management skills, with the capability to analyse performance trends and provide insights around data
Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/) .
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;"
5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner - Insurance Business Canada
Employer of the Year 2022 Winner - Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award"
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year"
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response""
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year"
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity. We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers."
ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future. Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ).
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage."We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind. We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!"
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.