Who we are looking for:
Charles River focuses intently on delivering market leading and feature rich technology wrapped in an exceptional client service experience. Reporting to the President/CEO of CRD, who in turn reports to the Global Head of Alpha, you will have responsibility for the Charles River Development APAC region, spanning approximately 170+ employees across the region.
You must have vision, drive, and the ability to execute, together with superior leadership skills.
You will directly report into the CEO and work across the management teams of CRD, Alpha and State Street. Additionally, you will be a member CRD Management Committee (MC) and the State Street APAC Leadership Team.
You will be accountable for regional financial performance, revenue, expense, operations, staff, clients, contributions to global product development and innovation efforts, risk and governance.
You will be an ambassador, driving forward the CRD and States Street solutions, culture and vision of the company through leadership and client engagement to ensure a prosperous future for the company.
You will have a proven aptitude to present and deliver a compelling case for significant investment in operational solutions. You must have the ability to lead by example and will be expected to be actively involved in major sales opportunities and C-Level customer relationship management.
Market knowledge of the professional investment management industry is preferred but greater value will be attached to the ability to lead, attention to detail, critical analysis, the ability to provide quality relevant, feedback and mentoring to staff. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Management, leadership and growth of the APAC operations for Charles River Development, that will report directly to the CEO of CRD.
- Ensuring revenue targets are achieved, client retention and transitioning self-managed clients to CRD's SaaS offering.
- Hands-on day to day management, hiring, mentoring, customer retention, driving of the sales process, client SaaS conversion, and deal closure, and managing the services operations.
- Management of the APAC budgets and P&L
- Oversight of operations in CRD/State Street Hubs, currently centered in India.
- Setting targets and goals for local Management Committee, set budgets, monitor sales forecasts and set headcount for the APAC region
- Leading and driving the implementation of best practices, policies, and cross-CRD initiatives aimed at creating organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and improved client experience.
- Sales and services for the APAC region of enterprise investment SaaS solution for front and middle offices of institutional, wealth management and alternative investment firms
- Overseeing company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Reviewing and contributing to product direction and planning especially for the markets in the APAC region.
- Acting as an ambassador for both CRD and State Street at external industry events, increasing the prominence of CRD in APAC
- Working closely with APAC management of Charles River Development to identify and develop business opportunities
- Maintaining the highest standards of conduct, integrity and risk excellence
- Ensuring that the business has the right resources to operate effectively and that staff are motivated and engaged
- Planning and executing an effective employee experience through events such as Town Hall meetings and other key employee communications and engagements.
- Implementation of all Global Strategic Initiatives and practices across the region.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role, managing a region/business/product line and ability to demonstrate growth and expansion within the same.
- Proven record of strong stakeholder and client management both internally and externally.
- A strong track record of building and leading high-quality teams and instilling in them a performance orientation, engaging and inspiring in them a sense of shared purpose and the collective skillsets needed to deliver stretch goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Strong management skills and the ability to proactively plan and execute on objectives. Ability to coach and develop senior level managers.
- Must be comfortable and able to credibly engage and build relationships with C-level management
- Strong price and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to implement industry and technical best practices.
- Strong contributor with high motivation and the ability to take initiative and delegate effectively.
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Deep commercial acumen; having managed a P&L previously with focus on growth and business development
- An executive presence and the ability to interact and influence effectively at senior levels both internally and externally.
- A university degree is required - a business management, finance or technical degree is desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar or relevant role e.g. Head of Region, Managing Director, CEO, SVP
About State Street What we do.
- Experience in the investment industry is preferred (sales or product management experience with order management, execution management, electronic trading, portfolio management, analytics, risk management, IBOR or other investment software products preferably delivered via SaaS to mutual funds, institutional investment managers, wealth management industry, banks, brokerages, insurance companies, pensions, and/or hedge funds is ideal)
- Consulting sales and/or management experience desirable, but not as a replacement for enterprise software experience
- Must have the ability to display depth and understanding of market, solutions and product content
- Must have technical acumen to understand CRD products, competitor products and strategies, customer requirements, objections, articulate CRD advantages and mentor staff.
- Preferably should have experience with strategic product planning and product management especially for the APAC financial market
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Experience in the mitigation of risk and meeting all compliance & legal requirements
- Comfortable in engaging with senior-level client leaders, at industry events, and in the media - must be able to connect with various audiences
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers