Join us as an Infrastructure Analyst, Collaboration Controls Team
What you'll do
- Hone your analytical skills as you provide support to ensure the operational health of the platform, covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- You'll be supporting the platforms' operational stability and technology performance, including maintaining any system's utilities and tools provided by the platform
- You'll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
As an Infrastructure Analyst, you'll be providing technical input and design to support the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You'll be supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you'll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes.
Your role will involve:
The skills you'll need
- Designing, writing, and maintaining bespoke controls as code needed for our collaboration tools, platforms and integrating compliance tools upon the collaborations platforms
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Contributing to the platform risk culture, making sure that risks are discussed and understood at every step, and effectively collaborating to mitigate risk
- Contributing to the planning and execution of work within the platform and the timely servicing of feature development requests from cross platform initiatives, and supporting the delivery of regulatory reporting
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be confident collating and analysing information to provide required outcomes. You'll also need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You'll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience of developing and writing PowerShell scripts code and maintenance through CI/CD pipelines
- Technical knowledge, including M365 platform, technology and products which include compliance and auditing components
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- An understanding of operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills