Fund Controller, Expanding US FinTech/ Private Debt Business
We are now working with an exciting, innovative, exciting expanding US FinTech/ private debt firm.
They are expanding their London team, and are now looking to recruit a Fund Controller.
The role is responsible for owning the portfolio valuations and oversight of the fund finance practice.
Based in London, the role will be supporting senior management across investment operations, deal teams, and fund finance to ensure the smooth running of the quarterly valuation cycle and the running of the fund finance practice.
• Review and approval of monthly/quarterly NAVs and investor reporting requirements for Private Credit funds
•Reconciliation of intra month P&L and performance metrics for internal reporting.
• Manage third party service providers such as Fund Administrators
• Liaise closely with internal and external operations team to ensure accurate portfolio data is recorded internally & externally.
•To take responsibility and ensure adherence to the Funds FX hedging Policy.
• Annual financial reporting: liaising with the fund auditors to manage an efficient year end reporting process.
• Assist in preparation of underlying assets valuations and liaise with Valuation Committee members on a quarterly cycle.
• Assist in on-boarding of new fund or managed accounts as they arise.
• Assist Investor reporting with timely query resolution.
• Assist in preparation of materials for quarterly Advisory Board & Risk Committee meetings.
• Maintain financial processes in line with best practice, add value where possible and work closely with Risk, Legal and Compliance teams to determine and implement procedures in response to new regulations.
• Enhance current control processes, including the use of systems to automate and streamline procedures, and maintain procedures documentation accordingly
• Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / or equivalent)
• 2 - 5 years PQ experience
• Understanding of Private Markets fund structures
• Understanding of Private Markets valuations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to develop relationships
• A team player who can manage different workstreams during busy periods
• Strong experience in Excel, Power BI etc.