Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Vice President in Corporate Audit, Enterprise Risk Management team to provide leadership in executing Audit's assurance coverage over Financial Risks. The Financial Risks include Market, Credit (including Trading Credit ) and Liquidity within Enterprise Risk Management. In this role, you will report directly to the Corporate Audit Managing Director for Enterprise Risk Management, and you will support the annual audit planning and development, risk assessment, scoping and execution of audits related to the associated processes and risks. You will also play a critical role in the ongoing development of audit staff and support various departmental initiatives. This role is based out of Bangalore, India and will be performed primarily out of the office ( 4 days a week). Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability; regulators rely upon us to provide assurance that the bank operates in a manner that is compliant with key banking regulations to properly manage risks to the company and the global financial systems. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Vice President in ERM, Financial Risk you will:
What we value
- Participate in the development of a risk-based audit plan through the execution of detailed risk assessments, which consider existing and emerging risks, key strategic initiatives, regulatory requirements / expectations and effectiveness of the control environment
- Support the execution the risk-based audit plan through the review and approval of audit work products; ensuring effective coverage and the timely escalation of issues and conclusions
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including audit findings, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management
- Ensure audit engagements properly align to all internal standards and performance metrics
- Prepare and deliver periodic management reports to key stakeholders including executive management and governance committees
- Participate as a non-voting member of business / risk committees and management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate
- Maintain effective partnerships with key senior leaders in the Enterprise Risk Management area of the organization by identifying potential control risks and gaps while development and implementation activities are underway
- Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes
- Provide insight on the evolving regulatory environment and interact with regulators
- Stay abreast of industry matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects
- Drive Strategy to use data analytics and simplify complicated processes including standardization of audit programs
- Drive strategy to refresh/rebuild financial risk strategies
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills that create an inclusive environment for building, cultivating and managing diverse teams
- Strategic thinking that focuses on developing innovative solutions to optimize execution approaches while maintaining efficiency
- Highly collaborative with an ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the department and with stakeholders across the lines of defense
- Ability to manage complexity, effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial risks particularly liquidity, market and credit risks
- Fluency in English - written and spoken
- 10+ years of experience in Market/Credit/Liquidity risk stripes in the first or second line, or Public Accounting, Internal Auditing
- Bachelor's degree, preferable in finance, accounting or related field
- Advanced degree or certification (CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA) preferred
- Experience executing or auditing Financial risks
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers