Responsible for all external and internal comms across the UK business and supporting investor relations messaging for the listed company, this role will report into Chief Legal and People Officer.
You will work closely with senior leadership, including the CEO and CFO, to align internal and external communication initiatives with business objectives and will be pivotal in continuing to grow and build Funding Circle's reputation across our core audiences: internal employees, equity investors, media, government, customers and other external stakeholders.
You will lead a small team of communications professionals and collaborate closely with teams across the business including people, finance, legal and marketing.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren't given the finance they need to grow. We're here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
• We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
• To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
• And we're still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
• Lead communications strategies from planning to implementation and set the communications narrative and messaging that advances our position as the leading way for SMEs to access funding in the UK
• Collaborate closely with the CEO, CFO and wider plc team on investor relations including:
○ planning and promoting interim and year end financial results
○ ensuring effective communication and owning all corporate comms/collateral
○ supporting on ESG communications and positioning well with external stakeholders (working with internal ESG resource)
• Manage the relationship with PR advisors and work closely with the corporate brokers
• Engage with media contacts, handling both reactive and proactive situations
• Ensure delivery of day to day media relations including press office, planning, executive thought leadership support, events and tactical launches
• Act as a UK spokesperson and serve as counsellor to senior management, including the two managing directors in the UK and the CEO
• Oversee public affairs activities including representing the UK company with key government audiences and develop policy agenda
• Maintain relationships with wider industry bodies
• Responsible for internal comms, working closely with the wider people team to improve engagement and drive business goals
What we're looking for
• Extensive corporate communications/PR experience either in-house or agency work, in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of working in a listed company environment, ideally with PR or media experience in a regulated or tech environment
• Experience and knowledge in managing government and regulatory affairs
• Demonstrable issues management and crisis communications experience
• Comfortable with both strategic thinking and program management and execution
• Able to communicate with clarity and precision, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate
• Confident partnering at the most senior level, including the Global Leadership Team and the Board, and able to influence people at all levels of the organisation
• Able to work effectively with others and adapt ways of working to achieve a common goal
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better .
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with a blend of 2-3 days either in the office or at home. When you're in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you'd like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
• Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
• Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
• Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
• Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
W ant to Build The Incredible ? We'd love to hear from you.