The Japan Practice UK is a dedicated team in providing risk and insurance solutions for Japanese owned clients primarily based in the UK, but also European continent, working closely with the wider Global Japan Practice. We sit across the full range of industries including Sales, Manufacturing, Financial Institutions, Logistics, IT, Pharma and Real Estate.
The role of the Account Director is to be the central connection within WTW bringing the full range of our experience and expertise in the delivery of our service. Our clients are passionate about their organisations and the delivery of prompt, accurate and efficient service to their own clients, our team seeks to mirror these standards in working with and for our Japanese clients.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and prospects with accountability for retention of clients and new business development.
• Ultimate responsibility for the provision of the required services to the client.
• Understand the clients' business and their risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service.
• Identify primary budget holders and decision makers within clients, establish and maintain active relationships with these people.
• Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise where required.
• Draw on expertise within specialist technical teams within the BU and across the Group for clients as required.
• Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients' needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients.
• Grow existing portfolio by identifying new from existing opportunities.
• Lead (not line manage) supporting service team.
• Maintain effective working relationships with Claims Advocates to effectively deliver clients' needs.
• Business Development: To support the sales process in relation to winning, retaining and developing profitable new clients.
• Placement Management: To deliver optimisation of revenue from new and existing clients using the full range of appropriate placement channels.
• Operational and Service Delivery: To lead and deliver the end-to-end ongoing client service, adhering to standardised policies, procedures and service standards.
• Strong technical insurance knowledge and experience - Property & Liability (as core)
• Strong practical knowledge of account development and appropriate tools to achieve this aim.
• Experienced at new business sales process and track record of converting prospects to clients (preferable).
• Skilled at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associate's insurers, and external specialists.
• Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Experience of working with and adhering to processes and systems to support client services.
• Willingness to undertake UK travel and some limited continental Europe
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.