HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
N/A Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary:
We are looking for a bright, engaged, and analytical talent to join our Development Team who will help us on HKEX's strategically important initiatives related to the Hong Kong cash market and Stock Connect programme. Working as part of Trading, you will work closely across various disciplines within the organisation to design and implement holistic, integrated and practical solutions to support HKEX group/business objectives. You will play a pivotal role in modernising trading platforms, performing data analysis and trading trend research to upkeep our competiveness, identify market trends and derive business insights. You will also perform various types of tests and gain hands-on experience to see through project implementation of trading platform projects including business analysis and justification, solution design, project management, ensuring market readiness and obtaining regulatory approvals. If you aspire working in an environment that values tangible deliverables which will have a sustainable impact to the development of Hong Kong financial market, embraces excellence, collaboration and allows you to think outside the box and act strategically, this will be a perfect role for you. Job Duties: Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of trading platform projects for growing the Hong Kong cash market and Stock Connect.
- Gather complex business requirements and articulate in a clear manner, and work with business and IT teams to prepare documentations (e.g. project plan, business requirements and test plan)
- Design, perform and support various types of test such as UAT and user integration test
- Liaise with software vendors and supervise an offshore test team to ensure the integrity of UAT
- Perform data analysis, analyse market trends and derive business insights from big data analytics to support business proposal and MIS reporting
- University degree holder preferably in finance/ statistics/ computer Science/ Business Administration or related disciplines
- 6+ years' relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably involving project management or quality assurance
- Hands-on experience in creating test strategies, test plans and UAT cases from Functional Requirement Specifications
- Experience in business analysis and project management using methodologies such as Prince2, Waterfall and Scrum
- Meticulous and high agility with growth mindset; a self-starter, team player and good communicator with sound judgment and good problem solving skills
- Strong business sense with ability to multitask across priorities and deadlines
- Strong technical skills and solid understanding about Hong Kong cash market and Stock Connect is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Experience in Bloomberg, FactSet, WIND, Python, SQL, Tableau and PowerBI, etc. is an advantage
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.