Overview Of The Team
The Investment Review team is part of Temasek's Portfolio Strategy & Risk Group, that provides independent evaluations of proposals to invest in private and publicly listed companies, across the globe and in a wide range of industries.
Roles & Responsibilities
In co-operation with investment teams, the Associate / Senior Associate will:
• Identify and understand key business drivers, due diligence items, valuation and risks to provide a holistic assessment of investment proposals;
• Actively participate in due diligence exercises when required;
• Participate in key ESG initiatives including ESG risk assessment and value impact on investments;
• Draft presentations summarizing identified risks / issues and articulate findings to investment teams and investment committee members;
• Review and occasionally build complex financial models used for company valuations and scenario analysis;
• Occasionally participate in the review of existing investee companies; and
• Assist Assistant Vice Presidents / Vice Presidents on institutional projects.
• 1-4 years of experience in PE, M&A investment banking, leveraged finance, management consulting (corporate finance focus), or in a transaction approval and evaluation role; alternatively, relevant experience in transaction services and M&A due diligence;
• Substantial experience building complex, integrated financial valuation models;
• Degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting or a quantitative discipline;
• International experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
• Strong financial modelling skills (designing, coding and reviewing), including ability to build and manage complex DCF and LBO models;
• Detailed understanding of valuation methodologies;
• Able to quickly grasp and understand business dynamics and value drivers of target companies across all industries and geographies;
• Commercially astute, with ability to think critically and assess an investment proposal in its entirety;
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Maturity and diplomatic influencing skills to partner with a wide spectrum of colleagues across the organisation, including origination and execution teams;
• Confident and strong communication skills. Needs to be able to structure, discuss and present complex issues in an easy to understand manner, including to senior management;
• Highly driven, eager to learn and able to work under tight deadlines;
• Good team player who puts the team first;
• Fluent, but not necessarily native, English skills;
• Able to work collaboratively and also able to generate ideas / make decisions on their own.