About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
WHO WE ARE
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 employees (we call partners), we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Today, we are going through a metamorphosis - starting with our Wealth Management business where we are embracing Agile ways of working and exploring new technologies like cloud, analytics, microservices architecture, etc.
Last but not least, our advanced Digital design systems enable us to put our valued customers at the heart of our user experience.
The Goals Driven Wealth Management platform is a showcase product for Northern Trust's Wealth Management business and must demonstrate our ability to deliver innovative technology solutions. Goals Driven Wealth Management framework coupled with the innovative technology provides a framework to make decisions, and enables advisors to provide holistic advice to clients.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve. Our talented, driven and energetic people are truly changing the face of Northern Trust.
The speed with which we work, the influence of each partner and the focus to positively change the client experience is our common passion.
People are our greatest Wealth, so if you have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, Agile, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement then seek no more!
WHO YOU ARE
As a Sr. Scrum Master,
you help product and technology teams maximize the value they deliver to our clients.
You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy in learning new tricks.
You are caught up on industry trends in client development frameworks and also anticipate what the near future will bring.
You love clean interfaces and have a real passion for extraordinary user experience.
• You possess a change-mindset and bring expertise in large scale application transformation.
• You have agile experience managing several feature teams and shared services.
• You are collaborative with cross-functional teams from Product, Design and IT.
• You have experience facilitating agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics and removing blockers.
• You have experience working with global delivery teams.
• You have experience with collaboration and productivity tools like JIRA, Azure Boards, Confluence, Office 365 and Miro.
WHAT YOU WILL DO As a Sr. Scrum Master,
you will: • Optimize the flow value from generation of Ideas to Release.
• Enable one or more mission teams to maximize learning from incremental delivery.
• Promote transparency on barriers to change, progress, improvement items and impediments.
• Establish a culture of continuous learning and improvement. (Ex: Promote the focus on addressing action items from Retrospective events.)
• Coach everyone in the team to understand and practice our Digital Operating Model and Scrum Framework.
• Remove or seek assistance in eliminating impediments.
• Articulate the characteristics of a high-performing team and enable team(s) to reach and sustain this state.
• Foster a culture where Mission Owner, Product Owner and Development Team(s) trust and respect each other.
• Help development team create high value items by reducing/eliminating rework.
• Promote and actively participate in Communities of Practice fostering learning and sharing of ideas and experiences.
• Maintain and share Information Radiators, while promoting use of defined metrics both within the team and outside.
• Serve as internal trainers providing training assistance to mission teams and members outside.
• Collaborate with other Mission Delivery Teams, Enabler Teams, external vendor teams, etc. in managing dependencies.
• Offer unbiased service in the interest of both Business and Technology. Skills/Qualifications
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Efficient facilitation skills
• Crisp understanding of the most recent Scrum Framework
• Open to self-learning and improving
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
• A minimum of 4 years serving as a Scrum Master (as outlined in the framework) Nice to have
• Fundamentals of Lean Methodology
• Fundamentals of DevOps/Engineering concepts
• Fundamentals of Agile concepts/techniques in Product Management (MVP, Journey Maps, etc.)
• Software Delivery Lifecycle from generating ideas to releasing value
• Agile certifications
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.