Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
As a leading wealth manager, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is focused on helping successful individuals and their families build, manage and sustain their wealth across generations and market cycles. Through a unique service model focused on five Active Wealth practices - Investing, Borrowing, Spending, Managing Taxes, Protecting Legacies - they help clients in the U.S. and abroad achieve stronger after-tax performance to help maintain their wealth over generations.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Associate Client Strategist to join our Wealth Management team. For 2024, we have openings in the following locations: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Newport Beach, and San Francisco.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- The Associate Client Strategist will participate in a two-year comprehensive sales career and skills development program where the individual will gain the skills, knowledge and experience to ultimately offer BNY Mellon Wealth Management's full suite of services to high-net worth individuals primarily through face-to-face meetings and networking with various centers of influence.
- Individual will have exposure to local partners (Regional Management, Wealth Managers/Client Strategists) that will provide opportunities to network and observe sales activities. The individual will also have access to a global sales coach, senior leadership, the Program Director and Talent & Development resources. At the completion of the two-year program, he/she will be expected to achieve revenue goals, generate leads, and manage the sales process through to closure. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for transitioning the day-to-day management of the client to a assigned Wealth Manager.
- The Associate Client Strategist will be expected to learn how to identify, engage & nurture new business influencers and the right types of clients to grow our business. Individual will develop the skills to successfully influence, remain relevant, become an expert and connect people and solutions.
- Year 1: Activity Only; Observe pre/post calls and/or meetings
- Year 2: Participation with Client Strategist - participate in sales meetings focused on observing and learning best practices with clients
- Relationships & Partnerships - Focus on field engagement by partnering with senior sales advisors and regional team to develop a network in the community-Community Involvement (Year 1 & 2): Identify 1-2 business/networking organizations and participate in 1-2 non-profit organizations of interest-COI
- Development: Year 1: Identify a network and begin building relationships with associates within that network Year 2: Identify and establish 3-5 A COIs and 8-10 B
- COIs Knowledge Base - Invest time to better understand the WM brand and build industry knowledge through internal learning modules focused on WM solutions and positioning-Complete Cannon program (Year 1) and CFP (Year 2)-Complete all assigned coursework in a timely manner-Active participation in all Cornerstone learning sessions-Prepare and deliver during articulation sessions
- Leverage Best Practices - Leverage internal relationships to practice presentation skills, reflect on and apply feedback, role play, proactively partner with senior sales teams-
- Presentation Skills - Present to peers on a regular basis- Apply development feedback - focus on applying feedback from managers and partners and also provide feedback to teammates-
- Role Play - Schedule time with managers, partners and peers to practice articulation based on feedback provided-
- Regularly Scheduled Check-ins - Meet with manager and partners to review calendar, discuss activity and review coursework
- Risk Management - Ensure all policies, procedures and regulations are properly followed and executed on-Adherence to risk policies of risk events tied to client and/or sales activities
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Undergraduate degree required. Additional certifications and advanced degree a plus.
- The individual should possess 5+ years of related experience, preferably in financial services, or equivalent advance degree.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to understand complex problems a must with previous experience performing sales in complex industries preferable.
- Successful candidates must be able to engage with high net worth individuals, clients with investable assets averaging over $10 million.
- The sales process entails detailed analysis of financial situations in order to propose the appropriate services to the prospect and the prospect's advisors. He/She should also be very structured with a high attention to detail that facilitates their consistent and diligent follow through.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $58,900 and $125,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.