About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for managing complex OTC Derivatives transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes. Full ownership for one or more processes, reports and/or procedures. Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables. Emerging as an expert in a specific skill set but remains focused primarily on daily execution.
- Work as an integral part of a Team to provide an excellent service to our client base by fulfilling the client's need for timely management of their Synthetic Equity Swap (CFD's) portfolio.
- Maintain strong systems of controls and standards in the NA Synthetic Equity Swap Operations team ensuring that the business and our clients are protected from risk.
- Challenge our internal processes with a view to finding opportunities for improving the Northern Synthetic Equity operating model making it more efficient and cost effective.
- Support the business by being proactive in all aspects of our role, promoting the getting it right first time culture.
- Develop a good understanding of all the technical function and processes within the team.
- Take on additional tasks helping other team members who may need assistance.
- • Work with other analysts and new staff to resolve issues and improve the skill set of the team.
- Participate in cross training to get a solid grounding of team functions and to ensure the team runs smoothly at all times including holiday leave, study leave and sick leave.
- Provide support to Team Leader, Derivatives Support Services, Fund Accounting Teams in all aspects of the management of the business
- Synthetic Equity Swap (CFD's) Support Services
- Ensure that all trades have been captured and accounted for correctly at each valuation point for all funds
- Track lifecycle events from initial set-up to closeout; taking into account corporate actions, dividend payments and resets.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues that arising with regard to the processes.
- Provide progress update to Line Management on team performance highlighting specific areas requiring review/improvement/automation etc. ensuring that any potential issues are escalated in a timely manner.
- Adhere to our client standards, procedures and controls and maintain work records in a neat and orderly manner, suitable for review by management and auditors.
- Ensure systems and controls are in place to safeguard the integrity of swap's set-up on the internal booking platforms.
- Establish excellent working relationships with internal and external stake holders by ensuring that all queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Business Technical Support
- Provide expertise and leadership to the team with regard to knowledge of CFD's.
- Work in partnership with our clients to ensure that the fundamentals of the CFD product are understood by the team and business.
- Assist with the integration of new clients trading CFD's into Northern
- Engage in a business wide training programming outlining the key concepts of the CFD operating model
Efficiency, Controls and Quality
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to the culture of 'getting it right first time' and 'continuous improvement' at all times through individual actions and communications.
- Adopt a questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible.
- Continually seek to increase the level of automation of the CFD life-cycle process.
- Manage the query process such that we have a record of all queries raised with the dept. and take steps to reduce the level of queries raised with the Team.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive procedures manuals are maintained at all times.
- Adhere to company standards, procedures and controls and maintain work files in a neat and orderly manner, suitable for review by management and auditors.
Skills / Experience
- A keen awareness of the Financial Services Industry with a graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Highly numerate and analytical with an ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding of the Synthetic Equity market is beneficial
- Basic understanding of custody and fund administration functions required
- Creative and dynamic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative and adhere to strict deadlines
- Professional approach and ability to develop relationships both internally and externally
- Proficient in using email and standard Microsoft Office packages. Whereby experience of MS Access, Bloomberg and/or Fund Accounting packages is not prerequisite it would provide a distinct advantage
#LICL1 Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.