About the Role: Grade Level (for internal use):
S&P Global Commodity Insights, MRTS The Role:
Managing Editor, EMEA biofuels and feedstocks pricing T he Team:
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the world's leading price reporting organization as it strengthens and grows its presence across biofuel and feedstock markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in pricing , analytics and news to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. The North and South America biofuel and feedstock pricing team is dynamic and responsible for key pricing benchmarks across the region. The Impact:
This is an exciting opportunity to drive S&P Global Commodity Insights biofuel and feedstock price assessment strategy across the European region. The Managing Editor would be responsible for develop ing and oversee ing new assessments and leading a team to build and strengthen coverage in the region. The successful candidate will have excellent people and time management skills, and advanced experience of market reporting and publishing. What's in it for y ou:
- Opportunities to represent S&P Global Commodity Insights as a commodity market expert at industry events, present at conferences, host webinars, participate in podcasts or other interviews , and further develop the company as a significant presence in the biofuel space .
- Responsible for assisting developing and implementing pricing strategy across the region.
- Manage and team based London UK as well as represent the EMEA region in the global biofuel and feedstock pricing team.
What We're Looking For:
- Lead market coverage on a daily basis in the relevant market(s), following trading activity and ensuring that day to day assessment processes are applied correctly.
- Serve externally as a subject matter expert by representing Platts at industry events and face-to-face meetings with market participants to and to further develop Platts as a significant presence in the biofuel commodity space .
- Lead the identification of new market coverage opportunities, engaging with external and internal stakeholders as appropriate for the development of appropriate price assessment methodologies .
- Work in collaboration with regional and global leaders, showing strong individual leadership and assuming considerable responsibility for the delivery of essential market pricing and coverage.
- A ssist with coverage in other markets as necessary.
- Monitor and drive team's news and market reporting activities, ensuring timely coverage of events and facilitate the development of value-add news/information through multiple channels .
- Work closely with relevant units across the organization such as Product Management, Marketing, Commercial, analytics, news and Conferences.
- Minimum three years' experience of global commodity markets .
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate good listening, clear writing style , and strong verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Strong numeracy skills; an understand ing of the basic principles of algebra and statistics ; as well as a strong ability to apply basic math functions in Excel.
- Strong leadership ability and influencing skills, promoting team collaboration, development, and personal accountability.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset with effective problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of economics and risk management principles .
- An a bility to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines .
- Additional language skills would be an advantage .
- Degree in Agronomics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business or similar.
. Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can." Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. About S&P Global Commodity Insights
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, our complete view of global energy and commodities markets enables our customers to make decisions with conviction and create long-term, sustainable value.
We're a trusted connector that brings together thought leaders, market participants, governments, and regulators to co-create solutions that lead to progress. Vital to navigating Energy Transition, S&P Global Commodity Insights' coverage includes oil and gas, power, chemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Commodity Insights is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help many of the world's leading organizations navigate the economic landscape so they can plan for tomorrow, today.
For more information, visit http://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights . What's In It For You? Our Purpose:
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology-the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress. Our People:
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide-so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We're committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We're constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference. Our Values: Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity
in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery
to our work, and collaborate in close partnership
with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals. Benefits:
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That's why we provide everything you-and your career-need to thrive at S&P Global.
Our benefits include:
- Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
- Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
- Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
- Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
- Family Friendly Perks: It's not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
- Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards-small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation - Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn't stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf " describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
295269 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom