Job Description: Data Sourcing
Why this role is important to us
Global Billing Operations ("GBO") is responsible for all of State Street's client billing processes across the globe. The remit spans across Asset Servicing, Alpha, Global Markets, Global Advisors and the Digital division, covering over 50+ billing processes and 40+ legacy platforms. GBO is undergoing a multi-year transformation spanning people and operating model, processes and controls, data automation and technology. State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Global Finance Center under Controllership, which is responsible for Billing Transformation, Client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in India, Poland and China.
State Street has committed to significantly automating and streamlining the technology and data associated to its varied billing processes. As part of this commitment, there is a dedicated Billing Transformation organization responsible for developing and implementing the appropriate strategy to migrate from legacy, manual processes to a highly automated environment with more robust controls. A significant component of the Transformation team is located in the GFC and responsible for several key areas of implementing the transformation efforts. Data Sourcing - Global Finance Center ("GFC") will be reporting to GFC Data Sourcing Lead, as the team implements billing transformation strategy across data sourcing, will be partnering with teams to monitor, track, report progress, targets and outcome linked to target state operating. This role will be responsible for ensuring data is available for within agreed SLA for timely client billing, support new sources identification across all regions, automation, user acceptance testing of new data source, system build out validation and conversion to provide insights, status, opportunities and ensuring that various components of underlying processes are run as expected -in line with the strategy and prioritization defined by the Head of Billing Transformation to achieve the goals of migration to the single, Oracle based platform (ORMB).
What you will be responsible for
• EMEA Region - partner with Data Operations China , Data Providers to ensure data ( automated and adhoc ) within agreed SLA, for timely client billing
• Support, partner with invoicing teams for EMEA to help identify opportunities for reduction, conversion for manual data sources to automation in Data Hub ( at product, system level)
• Partner with GBIC, Rules Teams, Fee Schedule Governance, Data Governance -for new services to clients, on billing methodology, data, SLA, data source provider agreement. as we drive onboarding new clients.
• Align with Data Sourcing Lead on prioritization (conversion, DCO and billability) with Product (DMH, CSA, ORMB), and optimize existing data sources.
• Execute on data lineage - metrics, conversion, manual data source consolidation
• Partnering and providing status and leadership updates to EMEA GBO Leads, Cross functional stakeholders, in collaboration and partnership with Data & Governance organization;
• Promote risk excellence culture and looking at opportunities for continuous improvement.
What we Value
• Attention to detail, ownership and accountability
• Ability to navigate and partner with various stakeholders
• Ability to lead teams and manage cross functional teams
• Ability to communicate and above par presentation skills
• Positive attitude, organized, self-starter, with a history of contributing to a successful, diverse team
• Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
• Ability to influence across siloes and work with broader teams and a collaborative attitude
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's/Master degree in IT/Finance or equivalent industry recognized qualification
• Must have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Financial/Global Services Organization /Investment banking related IT Industry
• Experience in setting up managing, people, managing and tracking deliverables, setting up reporting cadence ability to summarize - and provide status to key stakeholders
• Understanding of State Street - functional structure- and experience in GD, Operations ( would be an added advantage)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers