Service Line Overview
KPMG China's Actuarial and Insurance Risk practice provides a broad range of services, including IFRS for Insurers, finance and projection system transformation, risk and capital management, corporate restructuring, transaction support, and audit support. We offer our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax and transaction advisory professionals in diverse and exciting roles. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients. We provide on-the-job support and coaching, and sponsor actuarial examinations.
Our clients include the leading insurers and financial services companies operating in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region. Our wide range of projects includes traditional actuarial roles such as Appointed Actuary, pricing, valuation, strategy advice and mergers and acquisitions, as well as a growing presence in non-traditional actuarial analytics and analysis.
We are interested in talking with qualified life insurance actuaries to join our teams in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen. Your skill-set and experience will support our actuarial work and you will have the drive and interest to support our on-going growth in wider areas. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Develop economic capital and risk-based capital models and reporting
- Advise on regulatory framework development
- Assess and implement IFRS 17
- Enhance enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Perform actuarial due diligence and support wider financial and tax due diligence for M&A projects
- Support the internal audit reviews of pricing, reserving and risk & capital functions
- Deliver efficient, quality actuarial audit services
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior actuarial staff
- 3-4 years working experience in gained life insurance either in consulting or corporate
- Qualifications: On track with Actuarial Exams specialising in Life, Risk or Investments
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Language: fluent or native English verbal & written, Mandarin verbal & written preferred
- Working experience in the area of: finance / capital reporting, regulatory changes such as risk based capital and IFRS, financial modelling (e.g. Prophet, AXIS, MoSes), M&A due diligence, Enterprise risk management or economic capital
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong proficiency with MS office
- Self-starters with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted.