KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
KPMG is building out its leading Financial Services Strategy & Operations Practice and is looking for a passionate and seasoned Manager with experience in this space.
As a franchise, KPMG work with major banks, insurers, and wealth & asset managers on strategic challenges faced by industry. We bring a multidisciplinary team, with expertise across strategy, operations, regulatory, digital & technology. It is an exciting time to join us as our practice is expanding due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships.
Strategy & Operations practice is the tip of the sphere in orchestrating C-suite conversations. We bring structured analysis, combining that with rigorous external market perspective to engage and challenge our clients. Internally within KPMG, S&O is the practice that serve as the glue, which connects the breadth of practical, implementable assets / solutions that KPMG have developed, and bring it to our clients for their benefits. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Manager leads engagement team and be responsible for successful outcomes, including but not limited to:
- Oversee issue-based/ hypotheses driven problem solving process
- Manage team to conduct data/fact-based analysis (e.g. financial analysis of client, competitor, and industry data) to support problem solving and insights generation
- Drive storyboarding process
- Conduct financial modelling and business case creation
- Carry out impact assessment and develop recommendations on business models & target operating models
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review
- Manager supports our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality case execution
- Manager plays a critical role in managing and developing the capabilities of junior consulting staff
- Manager supports business development activities, including thought leadership, and proposal development
- Manager owns and develops client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders
- Manager develops rapport and working relationships with clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in any of the below:
- Consulting experience with leading strategy houses
- Big 4 experience with a focus on financial services strategy & operations consulting
- Internal Consulting team within a bank, insurer, or wealth/asset management firm
- Degree from a leading institution
- Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
- Evidence of project management/workstream leadership
- Research skills, including market & competitor analysis
- Project experience in operating model-like projects
- Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
- Strong and effective team player
- Confidence, people skills, and pragmatism
- Fluency in English is a must; Mandarin is a strong plus and Cantonese is a bonus.
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].