Credit & Account Management ("CAM") department provides end-to-end support from product onboarding to credit approval of clients' facilities, as well as ongoing monitoring and portfolio management of clients' credit profile within the APAC Global Corporate & Investment Banking division in MUFG Bank Ltd.
CAM is positioned as a trusted partner to the front office where the tasks of navigating internal risk approval processes in compliance with established MUFG policies and procedures will be addressed in a consistent and efficient manner, thus leaving the front office focused on the execution of strategies that support fulfilment of clients' needs and requirements.
CAM's portfolio management purview includes sovereign agencies, financial institutions (banks and non-banks), corporates, special purpose vehicles (including non-recourse arrangements) for project finance in the real estate and aviation sectors, as well as specialised commodities finance.Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence and credit analysis to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing clients and counterparties for the purpose of making the appropriate recommendations on risk grading, risk appetite and financing structure/documentation;
- Support product and transactions risk assessment to ascertain the underlying credit risk factors, collateral benefits (where applicable) and evaluate the appropriate source of repayment, particularly for non-recourse financing structures;
- Monitor covenants, credit ratings, market events, sector trends and client performance as part of ongoing portfolio monitoring duties. Ensure no overdue accounts;
- Support the relationship managers in the preparation and update of client account plans for regional Deal Screening Committee approval, and new product onboarding process;
- Collaborate closely with the Legal department and external counsel as appropriate;
- Prepare periodic sector reports, stress tests of the portfolio (e.g. COVID impact, exchange rate volatility, crude price volatility) and support MI for Credit Committee;
- Support the continuous development of regional/global credit risk frameworks, including the resolution of complex credit processes or credit operational issues;
- Provide support to credit-related improvement projects and initiatives, incl. the update of credit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations;
- Support in internal and external audits (Credit Examination, JFSA / MAS / BoJ / RBI / Statutory etc.) by coordinating activities for the department; maintain credit files;
- Maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations. Adhere to all company policies as well as guidelines;
- Conduct product suitability reviews for new and existing clients in accordance with MUFG's established policies and procedures;
- Degree qualified
- Experience in Credit analysis
- Experience in Excel
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an analytical and/or client coverage role within corporate and/or investment banking covering the APAC region. Credit experience and knowledge of structured products and/or project finance will be an added advantage;
- The candidate should ideally possess a degree in Accounting, Finance and/or engineering science. Having relevant post-graduate qualifications and/or professional qualifications such as CA / CFA / FRM will be an added advantage;
- Strong knowledge and ability in analysis of financial statements to identify areas of weakness and non-sustainability, research and monitor economic sectors to identify current strengths and weaknesses, and to identify potential headwinds in the foreseeable future vis-à-vis Porter's 5 forces;
- Proficient in MS Office applications. Expertise in using Bloomberg is an added advantage;
- Other required skill sets include problem-solving with an innovative and pragmatic approach, good interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset, the ability to work independently and under time pressure, multi-tasking while being able to maintain attention on details with high accuracy; ability to analyse and interpret large datasets;
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.