Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. Team Focus
Strategic Cost Management (SCM) function sits within Group Finance. It is an enterprise-wide programme across markets which helps DBS look for new ways to create value, optimise cost/ efficiency and generate further headroom for investment without compromising organizational capabilities.
The team partners closely with business units to identify, quantify and realise cost savings. The function is responsible for driving the SCM agenda by owning the overall methodology, managing program performance and related reporting, driving cost analytics, working with cross functional stakeholders to quantify tangible P&L impact for the bank.
We are looking for a capable and highly motivated VP who is a team player, can work with a diverse range of stakeholders to help deliver SCM results Key responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated VPto drive thought leadership, lead financial analyses and effectively work across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Support / drive analyses and assist stakeholders in the identification and quantification of SCM opportunities (including planning delivery). This can include data collection, analysis of financial / operational data, and model development
- Work with Technology team to continuously improve analytics / dashboard capabilities
- Lead / drive other programs / workstreams / projects as prioritised
- Deliver reporting requirements
Methodology development and governance
- Conceptualise and implement performance management framework to assess initiative progress, including productivity from technology implementations, Economic Value measurement
- Drive progress for Strategic Cost Management outcomes, focusing on specific business units / support units
- Support development of relevant frameworks to identify, track and support business case quantification
- Engage stakeholders on the topic of drive strategic cost management and help prepare senior stakeholders for strategic reviews
- Lead program management capability
- Drive communications. Support development and execution of SCM communications strategy for a broad set of internal stakeholders
- Degree holder in related field with 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Prior management consulting background an advantage, with experience in Big4/ financial service
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills and comfortable with working with numbers and relational datasets
- Ability to operate independently, collaborating with senior colleagues to drive outcomes
- Able to work under pressure and interested in developing a career in a dynamic banking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Plus, to have Python/ Tableau skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.