Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
Strategic Portfolio Management ("SPM") and Wholesale Funding ("WSF") are key functions of Group Corporate Treasury. Strategic Portfolio Management manages duration rebalancing portfolios with high quality liquid bonds and other interest rate derivatives, as well as FX hedges in banking book, while Wholesale Funding manages term funding and capital issuances for the group under the remit of Global MTN and Covered Bonds programmes.
As SPM and WSF transactions lifecycle grow in complexity and volume, there is a need to grow the designated trade support & middle office function - ranging from new product / strategy initiatives, trade support, process control, trade booking & settlement, to post-trade reconciliation and planning & reporting. Responsibilities
- Perform daily operations control support for both SPM and WSF activities including trade booking, reconciliation, issuances, and redemption etc.
- Perform maker/checker duties roles to ensure booking accuracy and quality control on BAU production.
- Being the first point of escalation, responsibility includes but not limited to operations excellences and quality assurance.
- Work closely with SPM and WSF front office, business, and other stakeholders to drive and discuss the initiatives to aid the business workflows including pre-trade preparations and post-executions processes such as trade booking and confirmations, liaison with the responsible technology teams for product setup etc.
- Be key player with Project and IT teams on UAT and projects, question and solve existing problems for better improvements and manage all control and regulatory processes.
(1) Strategic Portfolio Management
- Be first line of support with portfolio management team to implement strategy and trades.
- Provide Booking / trade control: book structure alignment, portfolio housekeeping, booking schema design, validation of business model layers, trade flow review etc.
- Provide and monitor Limit request / check: coordinate limit request (issuer limit, market risk limit, country limit etc) and record keeping.
- Accounting: raise hedge accounting documentations, analyse accounting impact and coordinate with system enhancement.
- Assist in documentation & governance: document important / complex processes and trade flows; review booking downstream impact and record.
- Coordination: work with other support units on trade execution and end-to-end process.
(2) Wholesale Funding
- Perform the cover pool monitoring end-to-end workflow including monthly pool maintenance reporting and reconciliation, SPV and rating agencies engagements, regulatory compliance and audit, stress test and risk management framework review.
- Be a key owner for covered bond and wholesale issuance & redemption workflow platforms by ensuring operational condition of the platforms and drive required enhancements to improve processes to support business requirements.
- Review DBSH liquidity and cashflows projection by ensuring alignment with entity and group funding plans, including execution of CP issuance, FX swaps and intragroup money market transactions as well as limits review.
- Prepare wholesale funding related expenses including working with Finance teams on required due diligence and on-boarding for approval.
- Assist and ensure compliance of legal and regulatory requirements for external issuances and redemptions including timely settlement of payments and filing requirements.
- 5 years and above relevant work experience in banking or financial institutions, with a strong market risk management background (designing and implementing risk process which includes analysing current risks and identifying potential risks i.e. interest rate and foreign exchange in the banking book).
- Personality that reflects enthusiasm, willing to work and collaborate with others, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Sound organisational skills and ability to be disciplined with planning and delivering deadlines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Tableau.
- Product knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, FX and Interest rates instruments and Risk management is very much desirable.
- Graduate degree from a recognised University with, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering/IT majors.
(1) Core Competencies
- Self-starter and strong sense of ownership to support business in initiating and implement portfolio management and issuance strategy.
- Excellent team player, able to work efficiently with SPM and WSF teams as well as relevant stakeholders under a highly dynamic and challenging environment.
- Great multi-tasking and communication skills, able to coordinate and balance needs with different teams.
- Efficient in connecting dots with the big picture in mind, and push things to completion.
- Proactive in highlighting and solving end to end trades and workflow processes.
- Open-minded in exploring and trying out new technologies to continuously enhance infrastructure and systems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.